• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine removal DIY

socal98SVTC

CEG'er
Are there any good engine removal DIYs that have pictures? I've found the one on newcouger.org but was hoping to have a SVT specific one and all the ones that show up in search the pics are gone. I have an old Haynes manual that says to drop the motor out the bottom but don't have access to a lift. Car is a 98.5 SVT, going to 3L.

The neco guide is pretty good. The differences between the SVT and non-SVT CD-27 frames are relatively small compared to the similarities. Most people seem to lift the engine instead of dropping the subframe.

From what I have read. I havnt done an engine swap yet, so I may be covered in newb-sauce.

Mad Dog

Come on guys.

As it has been pointed out the removal process for any V6 equipped Contour or Cougar is pretty much the same, they are the same platform in the end.

Follow the factory shop manual but take the engine and trans out the top as an assembly. How much you want to pull off the engine is up to you before its pulled from the engine bay.

Back