• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Iiiiimmmm Baaaack

MidOH3LCougar

CEG'er
Some of you might remember me having a 3L Cougar a few years ago, im on my second new car since then and im tired of making payments lol.
I ran across this today, went straight from work this afternoon and bought it.

98 with 177k on it, and claimed to be a locked up engine. I have not had time yet to dig into anything and find out for sure what is going on.

Happy to be back in the family, hope you guys follow along as I plan on putting a 3.0 in this one as well.

Update:
I will not be reviving this contour, it needs waay too much. I will be using parts from it and parting out/scrapping the rest.

Going to look at a Black 2000 with ptan interior, if I purchase it the mnb interior from this car will get swapped over.

Another option is to buy a Cougar again, funny thing, my old 3.0 was just posted on CL 5 days ago lol. Ive asked for more pictures incase the SVT isn't to my liking.

Got the interior back together far enough I drove the Contour to work yesterday, I was about 2 miles away from home when I heard a "pop" and the sound of debris exiting the rear of the car. It continued to run and drive fine so I drove it the rest of the way home. Layed down to look under it and there was ATF everywhere, jacked the car up to get a better look and this is what I found.

Spent the last few weeks collecting parts.
Got the rear lateral links, lcas, strut mounts and the gcs installed on the front today.

And I bought another Cougar :)

I really love these cars for some reason, no other car ive owned has amounted to the same time I have put into the CDW-27 platform. My first Cougar was when I was younger, never learned about the forums. 2nd cougar was a hacked 3.0 but it was clean, put a lot of time into it and ended up trading it in when I got a better job, I still regret it. This is my first SVT though, and 3rd Cougar, im not planning on getting rid of either any time soon, unless the Cougar turns out to be worse then I can see I haven't spent much time digging yet. But if everything goes as planned, both will be unique.

Back