• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Port Matched 3.0L + ST220 Intake Manifold Question

HotRod SVT

New CEG'er
Last summer in Houston i bought a 98 E0 CSVT that was already 3L swapped and was told it was a port matched 3L engine with SVT cams and SVT upper sand lower intake manifolds.

I have since bought an NPG CAI kit, and a PRO-M 75mm MAF and a BBK 75mm TB. I haven’t installed these parts yet as I was wanting to swap the stock intake manifold for the ST220 upper and lower.

I understand for the ST220 swap I’ll have to ditch the IMTV setup which I’m ok with, but what else would be needed to make this swap happen?

I’m now living in MI so the car isn’t my daily so I want to do this swap right and then get the car properly tuned. I have a JET module designed for the stock 2.5 but haven’t put that in yet either.

Thanks for the help on this

you need a different iacv. you need to plumb a line for the iacv from the intake tube. you need to reroute most of the vacuum lines. you need to custom make a new tb bracket. you also need to machine spacers to lift the st220 uim about half an inch higher because it wont clear the valve covers. but that might only be for 3L valve covers or taurus dont remember exactly. then you need to buy 3 sets of MPV intake manifold gaskets because of the spacer. and longer bolts to go through the spacer.

and thats about it

oh yea take beans info into consideration too. because most of my stuff was deleted or modiflied already so thats all i had to do. i was running a full 3L return style fuel system with the taurus fuel rail flipped, a relocated coilpack, and no secondaries. you will need a tune after as well

It won't clear stock 2.5 covers. At least the rear cover, it almost sits right on top of the valve cover.

cops are not worth the hassle. our ignition system is a wasted spark, you have to wire in the cops in series which... if i understand correctly, will cut the power in half for each coil... the only time i wired them it ran alright... still prefer a coilpack. less can go wrong

Back