Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics from me timing the engine last weekend (sorry didn't have the flash on until the last one)...

All lubed up and ready to roll...

Last edited by CSVT#49; 07-26-2012, 09:55 PM.
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Powder coating has commenced. Stand by for awesomeness.
      -Mike
      98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• stage 1 complete, 2nd stage shall begin tomorrow morning. Good things to come. For the mean time here is where things sit...

Bubbles you see are casting defects in the parts, I didn't bother trying to grind them out. I figured when everything is assembled they will not really be noticeable.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• those look amazing...
          1999 Mercury Cougar Full 3.0L MTX
          236HP

Comment

• Chrome powdercoat? Looks great
            Sold- 98.5 Silver Frost #5979
            Officially a troll. 2002 Suzuka Blue Honda S2000 on Works

Comment

• Originally posted by YOOOO View Post
              Chrome powdercoat? Looks great
              Yes, chrome powder coat. Timing cover is staying that way most likely. I have something else planned for the valve covers.
              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Well I didn't get around to powder coating my ST220 intake. I forgot I still needed to repair a hairline crack on the rear frost plug opening. I don't have a torch at my house, but my parents have one so I grabbed it from them when I was down there for a birthday party get together today. Brazed the crack with aluminum rod and ground it down. Check for leaks with water and it was all good. Also took the time to port match the throttle body opening to match the 75mm BBK. That said...

Crack repair...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Looking great mike.
                  Soon to be owner of the pudmobile
                  LOCATION 55020

Comment

• Better hope it never leaks oil...from anywhere!
                    -1995 Contour SE 136k Sold 7/23/09 -Christine-
                    -1998 T-red SVT Contour # 5961 3L hybrid coming soon. -Miri-

Comment

• The second pic really makes you realize how much of a monster this thing will be.
                      02 Cougar: Street driven track car. Full 3L w/ boltons, HMS trans, 6pt roll bar, weight reduction, built suspension, 13" Wilwoods, 8" w/ 245's
                      #4683: under the knife
                      07 GMC Sierra Classic: Duramax/Allison, loaded

Comment

• Originally posted by greasemonkey1489 View Post
                        Better hope it never leaks oil...from anywhere!
                        Not that it would, but why? Seems like a weird comment.

Originally posted by FastFord View Post
                        The second pic really makes you realize how much of a monster this thing will be.
                        I know, this is by far one of the more indepth builds I've completed. Makes me want to go another round on my Camaro to see what I can do with that engine. I fore see a twin turbo 358ci engine in it's future.
                        -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                          Not that it would, but why? Seems like a weird comment.
                          (because of all the chrome coated parts)

Comment

• Did you replace the TTY bolts for the lower block/ main plate? If so, where did you buy them?

Comment

• Originally posted by greasemonkey1489 View Post
                              Did you replace the TTY bolts for the lower block/ main plate? If so, where did you buy them?
                              Yes, I bought them from Tousley Ford.
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Finished up the intake and timing cover... will need to polish them once the clear dries.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X