#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post

Yea perhaps. I'll let you know how the meeting with the builder goes. Trying to get something on the books for next week. We'll see if everything falls within my budget.

Any word on the manly man cave of awesome manliness?
    - Dan
    '17 Kona Blue Focus ST3 ~DD~
    # 471 - 1998 SilFro ~Parted Out~
    # 2399 - 1999 Black/Tan ~Repairs in Progress~

Comment

• Originally posted by offthewallds View Post

Any word on the manly man cave of awesome manliness?
      Yes, It's happening. Now the mission is to find a lot that works for the layout. I'm quite excited, as I will finally have a place to put all my equipment and be able to play with it. Bring on roll cages, exhaust systems, painting, machining, CNC plasma table cutting... the R&D abilities will be amazing. Reality is the house won't be finished until around April, but it'll be just in time for cars to come out.
      -Mike
      If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
      98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
      85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• soooooo any updates?

Comment

• I'm starting to lose hope #49. Make us believers again! lol
          Julian
          98.5 csvt #6226 of 6535
          Rally Inspired 3L turbo'd monsTOUR
          Modifications??? well...lets just say this ain'tcha grandma's contour :D

Comment

• Bought a lot in Apple Valley, MN. On the second draft for the house. I will have a total of 9 stalls. Main garage will be for the daily drivers and the two story shop in back will have 6 stalls, but the rear three will be for metal working, tool storage, and then finally a paint/powder coat booth. Front stalls are for working. The outside wall will have a two post lift. Initial sketch is below. A few more months people.

-Mike
            98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• How'z it shakn' man?
              Julian
              98.5 csvt #6226 of 6535
              Rally Inspired 3L turbo'd monsTOUR
              Modifications??? well...lets just say this ain'tcha grandma's contour :D

Comment

• Still shakn'.

The lot I previously mentioned fell through. Thankfully we had contingencies on the purchase and got out of the deal free and clear. What a mess.

Funny I should swing in here. Haven't been on in a long while mostly because I still fed up with this website in how slow and crappy it is. No one has bothered to fix the problems so Facebook pages are where it's at since those actually work. However I do like the layout of this website.

However all that said the car is still a work in progress. I've been held up with working on my DD (Audi TTS), my new born son (3mo), and still looking for a lot to build our house. Having said that I think we finally found one. The layout had to change a little bit, but I still am getting a shop be it not as big as the one shown in the photo previously. I've attached it up below.

Once this house is built I think you'll find my car projects will be completed within a year. So this 3.0L turbo project will finally come to an end.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Woot! Congrats on the little man!
                  - Dan
                  '17 Kona Blue Focus ST3 ~DD~
                  # 471 - 1998 SilFro ~Parted Out~
                  # 2399 - 1999 Black/Tan ~Repairs in Progress~

Comment

Working...
                  X