X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRicker View Post
    lol so your 400+ hp car is gonna be crapping out the little borla piping? you might wanna rethink that there mikey
    i agree. sell the borla to help pay for a nice custom exhaust
    98 SVT E0 Black/MNB #1756 - SOLD
    98 SVT E1 Silfro/MNB #4852 - SOLD
    98 SVT E1 Black/MNB #5150 - new project
    11 Fiesta SE Black/Charcoal

Comment

With aftermarket conrods and/or aftermarket pistons you should budget for a crank re balance. Whenever these components are non stoc a rebalance must be done or vibration etc will kill the engine. Regards TH
      Former owner of '98 SVT #1,173. Need a 95-00 Ford CD manual? PM me

Comment

Originally posted by todras View Post
        With aftermarket conrods and/or aftermarket pistons you should budget for a crank re balance. Whenever these components are non stoc a rebalance must be done or vibration etc will kill the engine. Regards TH
        Actually that was already in the plan Terry. I know a guy that runs a top notch machine shop who builds amazing motors for some of my mechanic friends at work who drag race and run circle track. Once I decide on everything I'm going to tear the motor down, clean everything up and bring this guy everything to balance the rotating assembly.
        -Mike
        If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
        85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Have you thought about just blueprinting the 3.0? I think you would see killer power with a blueprinted one.

Comment

Originally posted by pwntbywombat View Post
            what gears did he have?
            I'm guessing he had a set of the gears that Quaife builds for our MTX75... very spendy, linky. Convert that to USD and it'll cost you $2,638.84 not including shipping to the US.

If I blow my tranny down the line, that is what I most likely will go with.
            -Mike
            98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

*drools on keyboard*
              98 Black CSVT #1244 3L (Sold - seabass 00SVT)
              88 Festiva LX 5 Speed - Go cart (Sold)
              04 Passat B5.5 1.8T - Grocery Getter
              94 Emerald Green SHO MTX (Rot Free) -Daily Drivr

Comment

Subscribing
                Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                Actually that was already in the plan Terry. I know a guy that runs a top notch machine shop who builds amazing motors for some of my mechanic friends at work who drag race and run circle track. Once I decide on everything I'm going to tear the motor down, clean everything up and bring this guy everything to balance the rotating assembly.
                If they are an excellent shop and your ordering custom parts, it may be of benefit to discuss it with them.
                If you can design the bobweight of the rotating assembly together, it can help balancing cost.
                I would definitely discuss it with them before you order, they may even get better prices as a shop than you can on your own.
                BTW, I have custom Diamond pistons now (Weisco before), I'd recommend either, but Diamond more based on actually dealing with them direct.
                For a serious turbo build, use the upgraded wrist pins (tool steel) and better rings (Hellfire)--I can give you a contact I ordered the Diamonds from.
                Good luck man.
                -J
                '99 SVT Silver
                Clean DD
                '91 LX Bimini Blue
                427"/88mm @ 16psi....yeah 4 digit power

Comment

Originally posted by biminiLX View Post
                  For a serious turbo build, use the upgraded wrist pins (tool steel) and better rings (Hellfire)--I can give you a contact I ordered the Diamonds from.
                  Good luck man.
                  -J
                  Yup. I discussed wrist pins with Ross Pistons when I talked to them about ordering custom pistons. For $25 a piece for the upgraded wrist pins it's good insurance.

If you don't mind please do PM me that contact info.
                  -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Anyone who's ever but a motor knows you always have the " rotating assembly" ballanced no matter what kind of motor it is

Comment

Originally posted by contour2gq View Post
                      Anyone who's ever but a motor knows you always have the " rotating assembly" ballanced no matter what kind of motor it is
                      Yeah, no , I'm talking about bobweight (you know, the thing you use when balancing) and how he can save some money/difficulty in balancing when he orders CUSTOM piston/rods.
                      -J
                      '99 SVT Silver
                      Clean DD
                      '91 LX Bimini Blue
                      427"/88mm @ 16psi....yeah 4 digit power

Comment

St220 uim ftw

So DHL was so kind to stop by my house today and give me this...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Looks like junk....I will swing by to dispose of it for you.
                          2011 Fusion SE V6 & 07 Honda Pilot EX-L
                          98 3.0L SVT Sold 9-11-11
                          99 3.0L SVT Silver Frost #1264 Sold 1-22-10
                          95 SE MTX---Sold 9/14/07 sniff
                          98 E1 SVT #4892 of 6535T-Red Sold 8-29-08

Comment

How much you pay for that?

Comment

Originally posted by contour2gq View Post
                              How much you pay for that?
                              I think with everything it ended up around $250 shipped. You just got to know where to look. If you pay more then that your paying to much. However unless it has work done to it. For example I am sending mine out to get extrude honed.
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Intake comparison

OK well I'm going to let the cat out of the bag. The ST220 intake is no different then the standard Mondeo intake manifold. As a matter of fact after talking with the UK guys the only difference (engine wise) between the ST220 and the standard Mondeo are three things. Completely different exhaust, different intake air box, and transmission. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. So moral of the story, don't get suckered into paying insane amounts of money for a "ST220" intake.

Now that said there are clear differences between the US version 3L intakes and the UK 3L intakes volume and port size for example see below. This is a 2005 Ford Escape 3L UIM and an 2005 Mondeo 3L UIM.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X