X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by morbid View Post
    20psi would be fun! Are you doing anything different to secure the heads than just 5 layer MLS gaskets and ARP bolts? The mystical 21psi "barrier" just concerns me a little....
    If Noble's can handle it mine can too.

EDIT: Actually just for piece of mind I asked the guy that owns this engine below... and he is running the Fel-Pro MLS gaskets with ARP bolts. So yea I am 100% confident that it will work for my 20psi engine lol.

-Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• that is badd ass!!!
      Soon to be owner of the pudmobile
      LOCATION 55020

Comment

• Just ordered new Sealed Power lifters. Found them at Autozone for $7.99 a pop. Then I used a sweet promo code to get $50 off plus free shipping . Should be here by Wed so I should be able to completely assembly my heads next weekend.
        -Mike
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• That video is f'n sick !
          *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
          25 Contour / Mystiques and counting......
          I'M POWDER COATING AGAIN! PM ME FOR REQUESTS.

Comment

• From timely check ins with your thread, all I pick up are, "Well, here's my update. I'm still putting together this really f****** fast SVT that's going to be pushing a s*** ton of boost and will rape everything out there. My main goal is to fill Mike's head full of dreams and fantasies of ever building a car like what I am doing. It will be a beast, and even though it's not as low as Mike's SVT, b****es will be on it left and right, and the sound of the exhaust is like hearing the Gods have sex with each other."

Damnit...I love this thread.
            Mikey
            1999 SVT #0604

Comment

• Mike you made me smile haha.

All I have to say is knowing the right people to talk to and doing research on what has been done and more importantly what has worked is key. So far every bit of work I have done with this car has been done by someone else at some point. I'm just the first one to put it all into a SVT Contour
              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• I'm just so ready for you to post vidoes of this car running, and talk about how amazingly happy you are with all the work you've done. Like, in all seriousness, and the most top level of seriousness, I really want you to finish this and just, well, like I said, be completely happy you did one of the most amazing things ever. And to say that you have the most badass SVTC ever! DUHHH! lol
                Mikey
                1999 SVT #0604

Comment

• Well seeing how as I gave up on owning a 911 Turbo or a Viper GTS... I damn well better be happy. Because if I'm not... well I don't know... I suppose I'll keep modifying it till I am. Then comes Stage II... all wheel drive and wide body

Well not entirely true. Once its back together and finished I will start my second project. Completing my Camaro build. I need to weld in new floor boards and quarter panels and then install a built TH-350 trans to support the engine I built for it. As I tore the trans that was in it a new one
                  -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                    Then comes Stage II... all wheel drive and wide body
                    And another 500hp right?

I will book a flight just to ride in it

Comment

• Well both heads are awaiting the new lifters, which should be here mid week.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• You got some peanut butter? Because I've got mad jelly up in here
                        Mikey
                        1999 SVT #0604

Comment

• Mmmmmm, space ship!
                          Find the weak link, make it stronger, find the next one, repeat....

Comment

• The heads look pretty. I can't wait to see the motor all built up. Sorry if this is a repeat question but did you gasket match the exhaust ports to the exhaust gaskets? I ended up taking a decent amount of material out when I gasket matched my exhaust ports.
                            Visit: 3LDuratec.com for a prepped 3L ready to drop in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcoog View Post
                              The heads look pretty. I can't wait to see the motor all built up. Sorry if this is a repeat question but did you gasket match the exhaust ports to the exhaust gaskets? I ended up taking a decent amount of material out when I gasket matched my exhaust ports.
                              I personally have not completed any porting work myself (well on this engine anyway). I had BPE Racing Heads do the porting. I have yet to place the exhaust gaskets up against the ports, so I'm not sure where I currently sit. It is a good question, but I don't think I'll mess with the ports even if there is more to take off just for the reversion factor.
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcoog View Post
                                I ended up taking a decent amount of material out when I gasket matched my exhaust ports.
                                QFT! I couldn't believe how necked down they were.
                                99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
                                00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
                                Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

Working...
                                X