• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Some pics from me timing the engine last weekend (sorry didn't have the flash on until the last one)...

rhtiming.jpg

rhtimingclose.jpg

lhtiming.jpg

lhtimingclose.jpg

timingoverall1.jpg

All lubed up and ready to roll...

timinglubed1.jpg

Last edited:
stage 1 complete, 2nd stage shall begin tomorrow morning. Good things to come. For the mean time here is where things sit...

Bubbles you see are casting defects in the parts, I didn't bother trying to grind them out. I figured when everything is assembled they will not really be noticeable.

valvecover2.jpg

valvecover1j.jpg

timingcoverchrome.jpg

Well I didn't get around to powder coating my ST220 intake. I forgot I still needed to repair a hairline crack on the rear frost plug opening. I don't have a torch at my house, but my parents have one so I grabbed it from them when I was down there for a birthday party get together today. Brazed the crack with aluminum rod and ground it down. Check for leaks with water and it was all good. Also took the time to port match the throttle body opening to match the 75mm BBK. That said...

preport.jpg

portedcloseup2.jpg

portedcloseup1.jpg

gasketmatch.jpg

portedoverall.jpg

bbkthrottleclose.jpg
portthrottleopen.jpg

Crack repair...

crackrepair2.jpg
crackrepair2jpg3.jpg

crackrepair1.jpg

Better hope it never leaks oil...from anywhere!

:confused: Not that it would, but why? Seems like a weird comment.

The second pic really makes you realize how much of a monster this thing will be.

I know, this is by far one of the more indepth builds I've completed. Makes me want to go another round on my Camaro to see what I can do with that engine. I fore see a twin turbo 358ci engine in it's future.

The chrome is a reflective base and provides uniformity, the colors are translucent so they show through. All the layers work together. A lot of work.

Those look great, nice job, gold covers are where its at.

Back