• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone do 3L builds in CA??

kideddie18

New CEG'er
Like the title states, i would like to find out if anyone in CA has done a 3L and know where to go to get one done. Any help would be great thanks.

I can ship anyone a prepped 3L motor ready to drop in like a stock 2.5L and you can have any competent shop install it. We sent one out to Canada a few weeks ago. Link to thread on NECO for the Canada build: http://www.newcougar.org/forums/3-0l-duratec-performance/147041-betty-goes-under-knife.html

He had a ford dealer install it and was very pleased. I would probably stay away from a dealer due to higher costs. He knew people at the dealer so it was cheaper for him.

I know this doesn't help but I am planning to move to cali in the near future, and I would love to do another 3L build

Id like some info on this too (phone # atleast), Im in SoCal and most of you guys seem to be on the east coast. I will be looking through your site blackcoog and probably shooting you a email/pm.

As soon as I get my Jeep sold, and my csvt sold, and get my cougar tranny fixed I will be moving to the LA area. I am down to help with anything once I get out there.

Back