• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

02 Sable 3L Cyl 1 Misfire

SVOFANATIC

Veteran CEG'er
I have a cyl one misfire on a 02 Sable 3L it doesn't do it at cruising speed nor does it do it when I'm above 4K rpms and on it. But between 2-4K rpms on a moderate to full throttle pedal position it breaks up. The 2.5 didn't have any misfires and I am running the same coil pack, plugs, and wires. Plugs and wires were replaced 8K miles ago I know you guys would suggest replacing them so I just bought another set of Motorcraft plugs for it. give me some ideas guys

Gonna sound crazy but you should check to assure it's snapped in. I know that is a crazy spot.

Check vehicle wiring for cracks and insulation falling off. Make sure you have a good engine ground also.

If nothing else you should Ohm the spark plug wires, you can spray water on them and drive it to see if it is worse.

Insulation problems? Yes lol but I went through and fixed what was cracking.

Engine ground: I have the main one that runs between the trans and the inner fender.

I'll ohm it in the morning lol.

I know you said you just did your wires, but you could try swapping wire one and three to see if it is the wire. Just tossing out ideas.

Back