• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Internals Adios!

Hydraulic lifters can be "pumped up" with a oil can through the hole or soaking in an oil bath. If they have already been used, there is a good chance they are pumped up. It usually pertains to new lifters.

Thanks evan. I saw that too in an article or two that i came across. I've since installed them. I'm however worried about one of the cam rollers. It has lines running through the roller itself. Almost like sumthn scratched it. Maybe some metal actually got that far up, i dunno. Running it with my fingernail feels smooth tho. No scratches that i can feel. An article i read on modularfords says some lines are normal and can be reused. I'll post a photo tomorrow to see what you guys think.

Engine is all back together. Just waiting on oleg from clutchnet. Apparently, there's some modifications he has to make to the stage 3(now "stage 4") kit i purchased. Something about making the pressure plate stronger... C'mon oleg! Can't wait to drop this thing in & fire it up.

Clutchnet customer service really does absolutely, completely, totally, SUCK! He promised to ship my clutch two weeks ago. Never got it. Been calling for the past week. Nuthn. No response nor callback. Shame oleg. Shame... Unfortunately we don't have much by way of options. As still functional as my spec 3+ clutch is, i don't wanna re-use it. End of rant.

Forget Clutchnet. I bought two clutches from Oleg. I specially spoke to him on the phone about how I did not want Kevlar. I wanted Fiber Carbon (Fibertuff). Not only once, but twice did he send me out kevlar clutches sold to me as fiber carbon. So now both my cars have Kevlar clutches, I had never bought either so I didn't know what it looked like than I found out from a member here that I had kevlar clutches. One of them is my daily driver...I can't boost for at least 5-8 minutes of driving till the clutch warms up and it is one weird clutch. Most people have a great deal of trouble driving my Audi. Spend more money and avoid clutchnet is the lesson learned recently. Now I have to get another clutch for the contour and take the engine out AGAIN (for like the 88th time). If it was the clutch sold to me I could leave it....but now I have to pull the engine again....not cool.

Forget Clutchnet. I bought two clutches from Oleg. I specially spoke to him on the phone about how I did not want Kevlar. I wanted Fiber Carbon (Fibertuff). Not only once, but twice did he send me out kevlar clutches sold to me as fiber carbon. So now both my cars have Kevlar clutches, I had never bought either so I didn't know what it looked like than I found out from a member here that I had kevlar clutches. One of them is my daily driver...I can't boost for at least 5-8 minutes of driving till the clutch warms up and it is one weird clutch. Most people have a great deal of trouble driving my Audi. Spend more money and avoid clutchnet is the lesson learned recently. Now I have to get another clutch for the contour and take the engine out AGAIN (for like the 88th time). If it was the clutch sold to me I could leave it....but now I have to pull the engine again....not cool.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that man. Shame really, cuz clutchnet is one of the only two or three manufacturers that make performance clutches for our cars. And SPEC has been deemed unfit. So if i called my credit card company to stop the payment, which clutch will i be moving on to then?

Yep it sucks to get a hold of them, i think hes a one man operation. Product quality is pretty nice. Worth the wait.

Only other boost worthly clutchs are southbend or clutchmasters for the platform, and not much on them for experisnce, guinea pigs needed

The problem with Clutchent isn't the product its generally Oleg. I feel like its a one man shop, and its his second business not first. I have always had to call and leave a message and wait for him to call back. Agreed there are not many options....but if both clutchmasters and southbend make a setup now, someone jump on it...they make nice stuff of the same quality but can be bought through retailers with actual customer service.

wow buddy, i have been off-site for a while working on remodeling a house, and you have been very busy too! glad to see you are going the forged route, cant wait to see it again someday. good luck!

Agreed. Oleg is a stand up guy. It's a shame he hasn't gotten back to you. I've talked to him on many occasions in the past and never really had an issue getting a hold of him.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Agreed. Oleg is a stand up guy. It's a shame he hasn't gotten back to you. I've talked to him on many occasions in the past and never really had an issue getting a hold of him.

I don't think he is. Not from my experience anyway. Over two weeks ago, he told me my PP was strengthened and was ready for shipment. I called again today and he picks up surprisingly. Turns out it was never done. He said his place of business was closed for a week. So he promises again to do it tomorrow & personally call me with a tracking number. We shall see... I should add that there was no apology from him anytime during our conversation. Oleg, from his accent is obviously not from the states. But i do hope one day someone makes it clear to him how important an apology to a customer who's been wronged is...

Yea I don't have a response for that. I guess I last did business with a few years ago. Perhaps things have changed...

Back