• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How much hp i can get with a stock ECU?

MondeoFinland

CEG'er
How much hp i can get with a stock ECU? Or Ecu with bluefin.
i have 3,0l engine with svt 2.5 heads and intakes.
Can i gain a 250hp, with a stock ecu, i have also a custom grinded camshafts, those are just little more duration and lift.
Is there a limit with stock or maybe stock+bluefin, is there some limit in hp, if there is, how much it is.

engine is 3,0 svt, 70mmtb 24#injectors, headers with good exhaust and (270/264, 234/230, 10.5mm lift -camshafts).

With all of the modifications you have listed why would you not get a tune?

Those running hybrid 3L engines will pick up some power, but it will leave a lot on the table when compared to one that has been tuned. Running on the stock PCM program should be a temp plan only until a tune can be completed.

It is temporarily, driving one summer with stock ecu, i get it to the dyno, and try to remap it.
Next winter i install megasquirt.

edit: i install bluefin and make remap in dyno in a epd-motorsport in finland.

Sure temporarily driving it should be fine, but I wouldn't expect a whole long of power over stock.

The further you get from a stock engine the worse it will perform. Sure it can adjust for small bolt ons, but all of those mods will make it run like crap

Back