No announcement yet.

3L Hybrid Rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... did he advise forged pistons or stick with the stock items ?

Was the stud kit just head or top and bottom studs ? ....G.
    ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

I just got the forged rods and bottom studs. He said since it's NA the top wouldn't be quite as crucial to get the top. I was already getting forged pistons from another source, but now my shop is asking me to ask him if he has a source for forged pistons, since the source they found is so expensive (about $1100). I'm about to call him.
      99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid, Spec flywheel, MSDS, CAI, 17" Konig Tantrums, Optimized TB & Y, Baer BBK, Bassani cat-back w/ magnaflow res, Koni's w/ H&R

'06 Volvo V50 T5 AWD MTX- Stock

Comment

He'll get you a set of Diamond Racing pistons as he did for me.

Oil squirters are boss by the way. You'd have to send your block to the shop in Westland, MI to have the work done though. Assuming they'd still do it. They had it programmed in a CNC machine to drill exactly where it's needed and then they install the squirters. Might be over kill for a non-turbo car, but it will help.

Person I worked with, assuming he is still there is...

Chris Gesek, Kinetic Racing Engines, (734) 595-7593
        http://kineticracingparts.com

Also I didn't see anyone mention an oil reservoir. Those are a engine life saver. Pre-lubricating your engine before every start with pressurized oil... that will extend the life of your engine. Not to mention save it in the event you blow something. It might just give you another few seconds to shut the car down. Search Accusump oil reservoirs.
        -Mike
        If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
        85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Thanks! I do remember the Accusump oil accumulators from back in the day, but I seem to recall them being discontinued. The oil squirters look awesome, but I'm definitely not sending my block out on this build.

Hoping what I have will make my motor somewhat bullet-proof. Getting the coated forged Diamond pistons, forged rods, ARP lower stud kit, the king rod bearing kit, and the higher-flow oil pump.
          99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid, Spec flywheel, MSDS, CAI, 17" Konig Tantrums, Optimized TB & Y, Baer BBK, Bassani cat-back w/ magnaflow res, Koni's w/ H&R

Comment

Originally posted by CLASSVT View Post
            , and the higher-flow oil pump.
            ... I thought this was an urban myth .... or is this an aftermarket piece ....G.
            ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

Originally posted by gorman View Post

... I thought this was an urban myth .... or is this an aftermarket piece ....G.
              Well, hopefully it's neither myth nor snake oil. Because I bought one from Joey at Nautilus.

Also the shop that is rebuilding the engine wanted me to get pistons for a 10.5 compression ratio, but that seemed pretty conservative considering these motors are more than that stock. So I told Joey to do the pistons for 11.1. Hopefully that was a good idea.

Comment

Working...
              X