• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5L svt heads w/ pnp and 3L valves in 2.5L

skywalker

CEG'er
I found a set of heads for a fair price that I'm interested in. they were ported and polished by Kinger, and were in a 3L hybrid. (SVT heads/cams/intakes w/ 3l block)

So my question is would I run into issues with these in a 2.5L, all the work was setup for the 3L hybrid app? I was told I might have head gasket issues. I was curious if anyone had some advice on this or has maybe even done this in there 2.5L svt? The pnp job was like $1400 when everyone was doing this and I can get the heads for 1/4 of that price so I'm just seeing if this is a decent investment since I already spent the money on the 2.5 instead of a 3L:nonono:

Like it has been said on many occasions, the 2.5L heads have oiling issues and they have a hard time draining oil back to the pan.

They do add a bit of a higher compression which makes this conversion non turbo/supercharger.

I think he's talking about adding the ported 2.5 SVT heads with 3L valves to a 2.5L motor...

Can't say i've ever heard of it being done. Maybe someone has but I don't think so...

I guess I don't see why you would need the bigger valves on a 2.5L. If you don't end up getting them, PM me about them. I would be interested in getting them for my 3L.

There is nothing wrong with installing them. You will def gain power all around if you do install these on a 2.5L.

Kinger was doing these heads also for just the 2.5L cars years ago too. So don't worry because you will be one up on everyone especially if you install a upgraded LIM and a extrude hones uim too.

You won't have a problem with the stock 32mm head port anymore :blackeye:

I have thise type of heads on my 3.0L and I used 3.0L head gaskets, not sure how much power you would gain on a N/A motor you should check out Warmongers website, He talks about heads like that

-Jeff-

If the heads are ported the compression ration will be lower on a 2.5 block. Lower compression will have less power NA. These heads on a 2.5 block would be a good candidate for FI.

How will porting lower the combustion chamber CC's? ONLY if the chamber was massaged to fit the bigger valves but that shouldn't be much. How much bigger are the 3L valves than the 2.5L's?

Back