• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts

SilvFroCSVT

CEG'er
Just curious if anyone on here has used these and which mount these go into and if they are worth it or not? Not much information on these and unsure what exactly these inserts look like but if you can help me out that would be great. Looking to stiffen up my motor mounts and would like to give these a shot and maybe later down the road look at poly filling my roll resistors. Thanks and here's a link if you have no idea what I'm talking about: http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy+Suspension/355/4-1107G/10002/-1

I think thats the wrong picture, the only one I am aware of them making is for the front roll resistor. Quite a few people have used it, I cant comment on how well it works since I never installed mine. I had Pole120 poly fill mine.

A picture of what the correct inserts look like can be found in the BAT Inc. Contour catalog:

http://www.batinc.net/contour.htm

You will have to download the catalog (a .PDF file) and the picture is on page 28.

I do have these inserts on my car but am unable to render an opinion on them; they were installed by the previous owner so I can't do a "before vs. after" comparison.

Mount insert

Mount insert

So please correct me but energy suspension only makes the front insert?? I need to replace my rear mount and I bought an insert but haven't got to install it yet. Does this mean I bought the front not the back??? It does look a bit off, from what I remember the rear has a bunch of round holes. The new front insert, it looks more oval...
So does this mean I have to make my own?!?!

So please correct me but energy suspension only makes the front insert?? I need to replace my rear mount and I bought an insert but haven't got to install it yet. Does this mean I bought the front not the back??? It does look a bit off, from what I remember the rear has a bunch of round holes. The new front insert, it looks more oval...

Correct, its just the front one. The rear one will need to either be replaced or some people fill the holes with window weld (I wouldnt do it that way)

I believe some have purchased stock inserts and replace them. I would think its easier to just replace the roll restrictor. The energy suspension insert is just what it sounds like. It fits in around the stock front roll restrictor.

The Energy Suspension insert works only with the front roll resistor; it enhances the rubber insert that is already present from the factory - it does not replace the factory insert. Furthermore, it normally will only work with the factory front roll resistor insert for Contours with the Duratec V6 and the manual transmission. When a front roll resistor wears out on a Contour, you replace the factory rubber insert, not the whole assembly including the cast iron bracket. You can use the Energy Suspension insert on all engine & transmission combinations for the Contour if you first make sure the front factory insert has been changed over to the one for the Duratec V6 / MTX-75 drivetrain requirement. Go to the Rock Auto website and look up motor mounts for Ford Contours under the various drivetrain combinations. Rock Auto has pictures of each different type of replaceable insert so you will see what I am getting at about matching the shape of the factory insert with the Energy Suspension insert.

No inserts are available for the rear roll restrictor. Your options to fix a worn out rear roll restrictor are:

1. Buy a new replacement. Ford no longer sells these but you can get new ones from BAT Inc. and Rock Auto. Rock Auto has the better pricing but the part isn't easy to find - it's listed as a transmission mount, not a motor mount. It wouldn't surprise me if you can find this on Ebay but I cannot vouch for the quality that you will get.

2. Cut and burn out the old rubber, clean everything up and then pour in 80A or 94A hardness polyurethane. Vibrational feedback from the drivetrain will be more noticeably after this mod but wheel hop should be lower if you drive your car hard.

3. Watch the classifieds or go to junkyards and see if you can find a used roll restrictor that isn't worn out yet.

Eager polymers in Chicago will sell you enough 2 part urethane to do both roll restrictors. I just cut out the rubber and centered to middle piece and poured the compound in. I will post pics this afternoon, I will also find their number. I will try to put up a post detailing the whole process, busy with work as of now.
www.eagerplastics.com
they are very helpful. There is also different dyes available to color the urethane, I did dark blue and you cat really notice it too much, otherwise it is a clear/yellow.

As for a before/after report - I've installed the ES inserts into my front mount. My guess is that it probably changes the roll stiffness about as much as a good Stab-O-Shoc does.

I did notice a difference, and in fact, felt a tiny bit more torque steer after the install. But for the price and ease of installation, it's a nice upgrade. Firms up the shifts, for sure.

I know this is a really old thread, but do you notice the vehicle fittment is for 98-99 SVT's. Why not 2000? Was the front roll restrictor in 2000 different? Would the jegs link work on 00 SVT's or not? They say it's for 98-99. Weird?

Back