• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Headers and Y-pip on STOCK mufflers??

FrancisPennysac

Veteran CEG'er
Weird request and I can hear you all already ..."your so stupid that's not the MOST power!!!" and I know that..and sometimes that doesn't matter.. anyways

I was wondering if anyone ran Headers/ypipe/gutted cats on STOCK Mufflers..

The reason I ask is I LOVE how my car sounds on factory mufflers and EVERYTHING I hear of guys changing the exhaust takes away that "sound"

anyone ever try this> Msds Headers/Y-pip/ Gutted or aftermarket hi-flow cat/Delete Res/Stock mufflers..???

I want to get an idea of how this sounds before I go through with it..if not then I guess I will be the first.. I know that car has factory Stainles exhaust and mine is in good shape (for being a car from the North East).. I LOVEthat classic burble and low rumble.. buti want ZERO rasp..like NONE. I'd rather have it only get loud when the secondaries open.,

Well you wont loose power from where you are at. Just not as much potential if the stock mufflers become the bottleneck (and im not saying they will, i honestly dont know the stock setup). deleting resonator and high flow cats could introduce rasp though by itself. If it does you can always go back and put in a bullet muffler in its place for un-restricted flow and have a similar effect to the resonator. I will leave it to everyone else to say how restrictive the stock exhaust is (i am thinking it is not that bad but ive never owned one with stock setup).

Back