• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone have the exhaust schematic for 98 mercury mystique? or OEM rubber insulator part #'s???

tonyankyfan1

CEG'er
Hi-

Anyone have the exhaust schematic for 98 mercury mystique? or OEM rubber exhaust insulator part #'s??? for a 1998 mercury mystqiue 2.0L zetec

Thanks Anthony

I doubt they are available anymore from a dealer. Rockauto has some available.
Hey- Thanks for the reply, BTW--> The rockauto "walker" units are the ones i have on now, complete garbage. I actually called about 5 diff dealerships, they are discontinued, but at least i got the ford p/n's... =) They are F8RZ-5A262-AA. I ordered on Ebay. I also have the schematic for the exhaust, will post a pic later for anyone else, in case they need.

So for a non-SVT with a V6 the catback portion of the exhaust would be similar/same hangers. One at the resonator, one at corner of gas tank, and attached to the rear subframe and one at the muffler. The SVT will also be the same but will also have a hanger at the passenger muffler.

So for a non-SVT with a V6 the catback portion of the exhaust would be similar/same hangers. One at the resonator, one at corner of gas tank, and attached to the rear subframe and one at the muffler. The SVT will also be the same but will also have a hanger at the passenger muffler.
Not sure about V6's, this schematic was for my specific VIN#, my guess all zetec's.

This is what I was saying. The image is a Zetec exhaust. However for the catback section of the exhaust it is exactly the same for a non-SVT.

Back