X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler vs Resonator?

Looking to quiet the car way down. Spoke with magnflow, and they told me my best option is using my true duals is this:

the 2 cats, a 2 in 2 out muffler, and then the mufflers with tips i want in the back...

my question is, what is the difference between a resonator and a muffler, and why is a muffler quieter? I already have 2 resonators installed, and was thinking of jsut repalcing the supertrapps with magnaflows and putting an xpipe in, but the 2 in2out muffler will act as a Xpipe.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this for me!
    Last edited by JesusFreak; 12-07-2007, 10:24 AM.

Ive ridden in a local guys CSVT with truduals He has a X pipe 2 Magnaflow resonators and 2 Magnaflow mufflers(+ gutted precats) it's probably one of the best sounding exhausts i have heard. I would highly recommend it.
    '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 3L Always broke. - Now with a supercharer for even less reliability! Not sure if fun.
    '99 SVT E1 BLK/TAN#0741 Sold. Lots of fun.
    '07 MAZDASPEED3 GT Reliably quick groceries. Sorta Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
      Ive ridden in a local guys CSVT with truduals He has a X pipe 2 Magnaflow resonators and 2 Magnaflow mufflers(+ gutted precats) it's probably one of the best sounding exhausts i have heard. I would highly recommend it.

Any chance we can get thsi fellow to post a sound clip for me? I have resonators now, and headers, jsut need to get some sort of xpipe(whether jsut an xpipe or a 2 in 2 out muffler) and order the magnaflow mufflers...

would love to hear the sound before I continue with this if it can be done! And is it a ceger?

Also, any cats?
      Last edited by JesusFreak; 12-05-2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
        who is it,,,, getlucky151 or beaven?
        Last edited by Harrry; 12-06-2007, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyRollerzC3 View Post
          Looking to quiet the car way down. Spoke with magnflow, and they told me my best option is using my true duals is this:

the 2 cats, a 2 in 2 out muffler, and then the mufflers with tips i want in the back...
          I agree with the man.

Go with 2 high flow cats --- 60 dollars for 2

2 in or out muffler or 2 which also eliminates a need for a h/x pipe. 80 dollars

Then 2 mufflers at the end.--- 120for both

260 total for everything. Then you need them welded on.

Even after all these added it will still have a nice rumbling sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrry View Post
            who is it,,,, getlucky151 or beaven?
            Yeah its Beaven
            '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 3L Always broke. - Now with a supercharer for even less reliability! Not sure if fun.
            '99 SVT E1 BLK/TAN#0741 Sold. Lots of fun.
            '07 MAZDASPEED3 GT Reliably quick groceries. Sorta Fun

Comment

I agree with the man.

Go with 2 high flow cats --- 60 dollars for 2

2 in or out muffler or 2 which also eliminates a need for a h/x pipe. 80 dollars

Then 2 mufflers at the end.--- 120for both

260 total for everything. Then you need them welded on.

Even after all these added it will still have a nice rumbling sound.
              Well, I have the 2 high flow cats, so jsut get a two in/2 out muffler, and then the mufflers on the back. I think thats the way I was leaning, but wanted to hear the car Beans was talking about if possible since he said it sounded awesome!

But - the 2 mufflers on the end, 250 for both, and 2 in 2 out muffler, 110. Through www.justmagnaflow.com so 360, and I already have the cats, so then just welded and piped correctly!

Comment

The car beans is speaking off was owned by my old friend. I helped my friend back in 2001 design that tru-dual exhaust.

Getlucky151 also has a tru-dual exhaust.

I would go with the setup the magnaflow rep stated.

IT sounds the best plus it keeps the rasp down alot.

--Harry

Comment

The car beans is speaking off was owned by my old friend. I helped my friend back in 2001 design that tru-dual exhaust.

Getlucky151 also has a tru-dual exhaust.

I would go with the setup the magnaflow rep stated.

IT sounds the best plus it keeps the rasp down alot.

--Harry

Good, ordering stuff after the holidays, and will get some sound clips together, hope it sounds nice!

Comment

I dont know. Ive got no cats at all, magnaflow resonator and no other mufflers. Doesnt bother me.
                    99 se sport duratec mtx

gutted pre cats
                    kkm
                    silverstars
                    optimized y pipe
                    magnaflow resonator
                    gutted main cat
                    fsvt's - potenzas

Comment

MUstanf gt muffler

Someone can tell what's gonna happened if I use a mustanf gt muffler as resonator? anybody has idea? I tried before with magnaflow resonator but was kind of loud. I know is a stupid question
                      Sin sacrificio no hay victoria!!!
                      Ernesto Guevara de la Serna "El Che"

Comment

Originally posted by juankordonez View Post
                        Someone can tell what's gonna happened if I use a mustanf gt muffler as resonator? anybody has idea? I tried before with magnaflow resonator but was kind of loud. I know is a stupid question
                        Way to go! for searching man. But....what year mustang? Is it a stock muffler?

More details man...

Comment

way to go for searching but....what year mustang? Is it a stock muffler?

More details man...
                          sorry,
                          the muffler is from mustang GT 2006, stock muffler.
                          Sin sacrificio no hay victoria!!!
                          Ernesto Guevara de la Serna "El Che"

Comment

Originally posted by juankordonez View Post
                            sorry,
                            the muffler is from mustang GT 2006, stock muffler.
                            I have no idea....but i don't think it will...dimensions are needed?

I would just buy a new muffler...but i understand your not trying to spend money here.

Comment

Wow talk about using the search function like harry said. A size needs to be knowen first. There isn't a lot of room with these cars....
                              Wesley

The Black Knight 1999 SVT #1870 RIP (at the junk yard)
                              The Hearse 2005 Dodge Magnum r/t (sold)
                              Radio Flyer 2011 Hyundai Elantra (The Daily)

Comment

Working...
                              X