No announcement yet.

OBX vs. MSDS headers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, they bolt right up. It's just a pain, not much room to work.
    3L MTX Cougar 35th Edition

Comment

I'm replacing the clutch, engine oil pan gasket, and the rack & pinion so i'm going to just pull the engine and trans out. That's why i'm doing the exhaust now. I'm hoping the car will sound better once the msds headers, and weapon-r intake are on. I went with clutchnet stage 1 and aluminum flywheel, so i'm hoping everything gets better after this.
      2000 CSVT SF/MNB #1642 of 2150

Comment

it'll be more responsive for sure. a good tune would make a world of difference....ypipe too?

Comment

I just ordered the full MSDS kit with the headers, y-pipe, MIL eliminators, gaskets, ect. I also found out from Marty at MSDS that the reason OBX headers are not available anywhere now is because MSDS just won a lawsuit against them for copying their design. Sounds like MSDS is going to be pretty much the only option for contour svt now.
          2000 CSVT SF/MNB #1642 of 2150

Comment

Originally posted by Pip513 View Post

I've got OBX, and the outlet diameter is 2.75 inches. Unless you're pushing more than 300 horses, there's nothing to really worry about. Some people will argue MSDS is better, I say if you're worried about rust; go OBX, if you're going to coat them or are not too worried about rust; it's your choice. If your turbo'd and the MSDS ones really are half an inch wider in diameter, you'll want MSDS. A 3.25 inch outlet should be able to max out around 425 hp before it starts to restrict it.
            Are you referring to the outlet of the y-pipe?

Comment

Working...
            X