Take a Ride with "The Beast" of Contours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a Ride with "The Beast" of Contours

My car is an amazing result of what hard work and money will do for our platform. It is a Turbocharged 3.0 Contour SVT with everything you can do to the engine and transmission.

This is only Part 1, there will be another video soon with more throttle. I could not find a road to really open it up, but I think you will get the idea of how special this car really is.

http://www.crewchiefpro.com/TheBeast.mp4

Hope you like it, keep in mind these things:
    1) Yes, I suck at camera recording
    2) I never was able to go above 1/2 throttle even at 70 miles per hour - not enough traction
    3) No, it is NOT for sale, I have owned it for about 10 years and it still makes me happy.

Other than that enjoy the show.

3.0 V6
    Dual Ceramic Bearing Turbo
    Forged Rods
    Forged Pistons
    Head work
    SVT Cams
    Built by my son and I about 8000 miles ago.
    Trans is a Terry Haines fully built masterpiece with 3.54 gear, keyed shift tower, Quaife Limited Slip Differential.
    Don Higgins
    Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
    http://www.crewchiefpro.com
    1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Nice to see two hands on the wheel at the end there .... considering the car's capabilities.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1820564[/ATTACH] LOL

Have you considered a splitter on the front ? ...obviously needs all the help it can get in that area.

Also; you mentioned gas milage .... a rear undertray really does reduce the air brake effect of the rear bumper ... even with that grille in it.

My DD has an undertray back there and it really stiffens the rear bumper as well as save gas ...G.

ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

Thanks, you really need two hands on it when ever it goes into boost.

Averages 27.5 on the highway and 21 city and highway. Not too concerned about fuel economy but it is pretty good as is. Not really considered a splitter, like how they look just not sure I want to change the look.
      Don Higgins
      1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Comment

.... at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs

I thought since putting a front splitter on will increase fuel consumption, it could be offset a little by reducing the drag of the rear bumper.

I was watching a rundown of the 2017 WRC aero packages, the rear end is unrecognizable from just a few years ago.
        Expect to see a ridiculously OTT specimen like this in a showroom near you soon lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1820572[/ATTACH]

I really like the played down look of your car, I can understand your concern at detracting from that..... G.
        ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

Now that is hideous...
          Don Higgins

Comment

That's awesome CrewChief, nicely done!
            2011 Ingot Silver Fusion Sport
            98 E0 Silver Frost SVTC 3L #3175/6535
            Born August 21, 1997 SOLD 8/5/2017
            Out of the Game for Good

Comment

OMFG....

I bow to you sir..

20lbs of snail..making 500lb from 3800rpms..????

If it hooked up it would run 9's..

Id love to honestly see what a great set of axles and slicks would make this do...
              Seriously thanks for the video that is amazing!!!! and it sounds wicked.. I would give anything to see the look on a vette/GTR owners face...seriously pay..top dollar :P

Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
              Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
              Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
              Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by FrancisPennysac View Post
                OMFG....

I bow to you sir..

20lbs of snail..making 500lb from 3800rpms..????

If it hooked up it would run 9's..

Id love to honestly see what a great set of axles and slicks would make this do...
                Seriously thanks for the video that is amazing!!!! and it sounds wicked.. I would give anything to see the look on a vette/GTR owners face...seriously pay..top dollar :P

​I have a race car, so I don't pick on anyone. I will have fun with a few of the BMWs or Lexus people who are in a hurry to get around me but usually I stay under the radar. There is no doubt that with traction it could be a low 12 second ride but I really don't want to make major changes just for that. I have this to scare me at the drag strip...
                Don Higgins

Comment

Originally posted by crewchiefpro View Post

​I have a race car, so I don't pick on anyone. I will have fun with a few of the BMWs or Lexus people who are in a hurry to get around me but usually I stay under the radar. There is no doubt that with traction it could be a low 12 second ride but I really don't want to make major changes just for that. I have this to scare me at the drag strip...

Wow :)
                  See this is great.. Thanks for the Video.
                  Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
                  Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
                  Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
                  Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by FrancisPennysac View Post

Wow :)
                    See this is great.. Thanks for the Video.

​I posted another one, with a bit more throttle.
                    Don Higgins

Comment

Working...
                    X