No announcement yet.

Vortech build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry Beans I'm a little confused.....

are you saying you know the reg will be closed under boost or that the fuel pressure goes up when you choke off the return line.as described ^^^

Running this stock reg means you have little control of fuel pressure... effectively it is governed by your pulsewidth.

I thought you said the fuel pressure dropped off at 6k rpm..... that's why I went in this direction.

You'll need to explain what the load / high RPM / WOT issue means in more detail .

Did you data log the fuel pressure during your dyno session ?

did you zero / datalog your fuel trims ? What are they now ?

I'm trying to get you to post up information so guys can chip in based on what you say..... if I'm not helping, say so and i'll step back and let someone else work through things with you. .... G.
    ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

• Bad fuel pump as i thought.
      '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 3L Always broke. - Now with a supercharer for even less reliability! Not sure if fun.
      '99 SVT E1 BLK/TAN#0741 Sold. Lots of fun.
      '07 MAZDASPEED3 GT Reliably quick groceries. Sorta Fun

Comment

• No one prob cares but the tune is 90% finalized. It's a rocket.10psi on a normal day.

The sub 50degree days i was hitting 12psi. Anyone who says stock gearing is good at this power level is grade a full of ****.
        '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 3L Always broke. - Now with a supercharer for even less reliability! Not sure if fun.

Comment

• Nice. I guess I am not making the power in the same or something. Never really had an issue with the stock gearing.

experience does differ
          - 12 Focus SE
          - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
          - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
          - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
          - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

• Yeah it's really bad, 2nd feels like the car did n/a in first gear it lights the 245's with ease at the top of the power band.

Comment

• ooooh someone's been a busy boy..... some mighty Purdy welding.

Hope you're gonna do a 'how to' for the transmission final drive. I have another box to do and I didn't see the first one being done ....G.
              ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

• Maybe. If i do it will be on NECO i got quite the collection of parts for the next step when the motor goes :P

Comment

Working...
                X