No announcement yet.

Vortech build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knarly is in right now ....... besides; when you have finished wrenching on it, you can paint it and keep it nice ..... G.
    ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

• Oh my, yes!
      99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
      00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
      Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

• Some maintenance

Broken adjuster on a front koni swaped with a spare and changed spring rates in the frontski

Emptied front oil catch can (non pcv side)

and replaced a blown caliper, which looks to been blown for awhile... and rebled my brakes.

https://youtu.be/ST9qDSYvzZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrFGuzZ3NkU
        '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 3L Always broke. - Now with a supercharer for even less reliability! Not sure if fun.
        '99 SVT E1 BLK/TAN#0741 Sold. Lots of fun.
        '07 MAZDASPEED3 GT Reliably quick groceries. Sorta Fun

Comment

• For the handful of people still reading this thread;

Ran full A6 Hoosiers with the new spring rate, maxed out the front dampers. Car is very wild in the rear, in combination with the lack of traction in the front makes it a handful.... Throttle in 2nd gear is almost impossible to modulate slowly. you just touch the gas and the car is at roasting tires... It is just too short gearing and makes too much power.

Video of the WORST run of the day.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te4YB6EAs0I

Photos of the destroyed axle in the last run. Passenger side went.

Sounded like someone threw change in my wheel. It showered the course in pieces, i found some of the ball bearings later on.

'98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 3L Always broke. - Now with a supercharer for even less reliability! Not sure if fun.

Comment

• ..... I guess you have a 65mm Mustang TB.

You could try using a progressive TB,. that is one with 2 springs on the side.

This should slow the throttle plate opening rate and make it easier to gently feed the power in

Considering the Vortech.... you could probably go down a size to an optimized 60mm and still have more than enough power.....G.
            ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

Comment

• Im on a stock 60mm throttle. But maybe playing with the spring is a good idea

Comment

• .... what is your boost curve like. ..... 2k 3k 4k etc ....G.

Comment

• Another wind on the TB spring could help, or a secondary spring. Have you considered installing rigid heel rest to simply better control the movements of your foot?
                  99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car

Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

• I'm not sure how or if that would help, i like the ideas though, the engineer friends all told me to weld a larger cam on the throttle it self

I'll play with the spring this weekend

Comment

• ..... you could try going down to an SE's 57mm T.B. ...... there must be a million of them knocking about

Putting a bigger cam on the TB might run into lack of pedal travel/ throttle opening issues

Don't understand the spring idea ... tighter will probably make the throttle jerky and induce R.S.I. in yer shin ....G.

Comment

• Changing the tb will effect tune. Nope.

Comment

• ....yeah, any alteration to the throttle / air will affect the tune ....... the PCM may handle some alterations better than others .... suck it and see situation

Can only think of some kind of mappable air bleed valve or 3.33pulley ... you have a 2.87 don't you ? ... G.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beans View Post
                            Here you go gorman, since you are the only person left in this thread LOL

ARGH!!!! OMFG

Wow, this i perfect great job man :) I wish my car made that kinda power.. but be useable..
                            Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
                            Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
                            Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
                            Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

• Originally posted by Beans View Post
                              I'm not sure how or if that would help, i like the ideas though, the engineer friends all told me to weld a larger cam on the throttle it self

I'll play with the spring this weekend
                              From what I recall of my track time in my car, keeping planted helped a ton with staying in control in all aspects of driving. My throttle finesse would get out of control on bumpy roads when I was street driving. Being able to plant my heel on something would have helped a ton.

Be careful once you start playing with the cam on the TB, you've only got so much throttle cable and the pedal has limited travel as well (hard stops in both directions). At least that's what this engineer friend has to say about it....

That graph makes me really regret selling my SC kit. Ugh.

Comment

• I ended up doing another rotation on the stock spring. - It's tight now pedal is very firm, my only worry now is it will snap the cable.

The graph now with the retune is even better, i probably wont ever go back to a dyno anytime soon. but i bet a legit 30-40 whp over that tune, plus being able to rev over 5k

...Also doing another oil change 5w30 aint cutting it for these track days even with the big oil cooler up front, 10w40 is going in.

Comment

Working...
                                X