No announcement yet.

Vortech build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend is flattered. I'm glad thats what you got from that video LOL, here is one less distracting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQKVNHjXFIY
    '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

• Widebands on both banks?
      99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
      00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
      Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

• Nope. Just front bank.

Comment

• Forged motor is in with smallest pulley. Need to tidy a few things but i will retune eventually with a larger maf (maxed out the 80mm lightning)

Comment

• ...... show us the dirty pic's ... the dirtier the better ....G.
            ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

• OK Gorman you got it. The good the bad and the ugly.

Edit here is a pic

Every good engine swap starts with gas tank removal.

Yank all this garbage out

Eff this thing.

Old 3L New 3L Begin transfer of parts

Things i dislike that i fixed

Direnza aluminum Rad

Fits like ****

Last edited by Beans; 09-17-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Weapon R header (Rear) Leaking on 2 banks. **** welds. [Not pictured, front bank gasket leaking out]

You Tarass 3L rail people live on the edge. A little bending made this fit better.

Fuel cell is in and finishing up the plumbing.

Brand new mtx75 running 3.8 Final..(Not my first choice :( ) Trying out an M-Factory diff this time around.

Quick mock up on fitment

Here is the main lump installed, got a bunch more done since this picture, but its mostly just little odds and ends to clean up...

Comment

• holy crap!
                  -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
                  -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
                  -00 BLK/TAN SVT
                  NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
                  SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

• ....... WOW !! You are really kicking ass there ....

Interested in the heat shielding on the Vortec drive shaft ........ you think heat transfer from header is significant or just belt and braces attitude ? ...G.
                    ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

Comment

• Its not aimed at a particular issue. Heat and underhood temps have been a issue when autocrossimg

Everything is very tight in this engine bay... touching in many cases... I have a ton of heat sleeving and sheething material on the car. Anything that prevents melted things and gets the heat off anything that makes the car go fast longer.

Comment

• ...... did you find any better spacing for the oil cooler ....... wondering if you managed to make the oil cooler more efficient ....... I remember you talking about these issues .....G.

Comment

• I have 2x spal fans pulling on the back side of the oil cooler now. Have not completed wiring yet. You can see them in the empty engine bay shot

Comment

• .... oh yeah, To be honest, I hadn't studied that photo, that closely.

Really good to see your progress ..... checking back regularly. ....

Comment

Working...
                            X