• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

No Title

Some pictures. Kinda just need it to start lol

Attachments

• photo15102.jpg
    photo15102.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15103.jpg
    photo15103.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15104.jpg
    photo15104.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo15105.jpg
    photo15105.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo15106.jpg
    photo15106.jpg
    805.1 KB · Views: 0
Here is a clip of idle when it first started. I have alot more tuning to do still, but this is with EGR, rear 02's deleted IMC and the slope converted to 42lb injectors.. Otherwise a stock SVT tune.

Thank you everyone that helped, and i bought parts from. There will be track videos in the spring for sure :)

http://youtu.be/l4adAmn1MB8

congratulations on firing it up.

My car passed the annual test, so i'm getting the car running sweetly before moving on to FI territory.

Heard you say something about 'it being loud' in the video .... did you mean the Vortech ? made any progress with that ? ....G.

Thank you. Good luck with finializing your build.

The whole car is very loud now, exhaust was already loud... Supercharger really adds some serious decibels to the engine bay side.

Are you making boost ... did the vortech quieten when you revved it ?

... some months ago i had my SC belt installed and had the vortech spinning and venting to atmosphere. It was noisy .. enough to concern me. I discovered that when i put my hand over the volute exit, the noise was almost completely silenced. I figured the vortech was noisy because the oiling system for it, requires air pressure (boost) to force oil onto the gears inside the vortech.

I'm Adam... You can PM me if you need my last name. Did you buy the new one that was on ebay?

Oh no, no boost. yet. All i did in in my tune was edit the injector values for 42lb's and i turned off the imrc egr ect. I'm not confidant in my tuning ability's to work with boost. It pulls a nice -20 Vac though :D It idles quite smooth for such a bull**** tune.... It's tucked away in storage now.

Quiet down? No not really. I'll keep a lookout for that, but i don't think i have an issues with it, i think it's just a vortech sound with a small pulley.

I'm not confident in my tuning abilities to work with boost.

yeah, all that time, effort and money makes you cautious.

It pulls a nice -20 Vac though

do you think you are getting 20 because of the longer intake tract ? i have 10 - 12 at idle N/A.

It's tucked away in storage now.

.. yeah good job too ... i saw all that snow you guys had on the news !! lucky for us, we're having an extended mild fall.....G.

Not sure, dont even know what 'normal' is for the car... Just know 20 is solid. I have the gauge on a vaccum block comong off the intake manifold

the tag on that video says .. poop tune no boost.

Does that mean you're venting any air pressure from the vortech... bov spring wound right off ? ...G.

No, just never went above maybe 1/4 throttle or 3k rpm that doesnt create boost.

Sounds cool though doesnt it :D

Yeah, sounds really great, i'm envious of your progress. Hearing that really makes me want to slip my belt belt on,just to hear how loud it whines.

I don't think there is going to be any sneaking up on people though .... they are going to hear that SC a mile off .

All my effort at going for the sleeper look may have been a waste of time, unless creating boost suppresses the whine from the head unit. ...G.

Ok guys, time for my 2 cents. I bought Billy Henninger's old car (my second CSVT) and based on my current mods "wish list" I'd have to say I'm about half crazy, especially given my experience. First is a supercharger. My plan is to get professional help (pun intended) and have either my local mechanic buddy Shawn install it, but only if I can find a local tuner (not likely). Plus, if I go with my other mods, I plan on shipping the car back to Billy and then flying out for a little return road trip vacation.

I just made a deal on a V2 supercharger kit. I don't know which version yet, but I know it's the pin-drive at least or else I wouldn't have bought it. I don't have it yet, but will by January. Probably one of the discontinued versions, but I'm hoping it's the SC at least. At this point I have no idea why the V2 S and SC were superseded, but hopefully they're good units anyway. Any feedback? I know FCO posts from Terry Haines are pretty clear: high performance pistons and rods are necessary. Billy did put Clevite rod bearings in the block, which now has about 9,000 miles on it. So, since pressures in the 6-8 psi range appear to be reasonable for a "stock" block, I plan on finding a pulley accordingly. Any feedback? I don't need a monster, I want something that is more reliable, driveable, yet still strong.

Okay here comes the craz(ier) part: I am seriously contemplating AWD from an X Type. I have just started researching this. Can the rear Jag subframe be used? Terry Haines says there are differences and similarities (I'm paraphrasing here) but that's all I know so far. Or do I have to create a tubular design like the one in the closed thread here on CEG? Can the system handle an estimated 320+ hp? Billy says he's up for installing this too. If I actually make it that far, I'll have him do it all at once. Now for the final idiocy: Can a Mondy 6 sp be converted for AWD use? Probably not - but can my HMS 5 speed with a Quaife be converted? Probably not. Any feeback for me on this? Haines' 6 sp thread just ends with no conclusion as to whether he actually built and/or sold any of these in the end.

I'm concerned that I'll f-up what is now a seriously good handling car. I have subframe connectors mounted at three points (not just two), custom boxed rear LCA's, new FoMoCo 4 bolt front LCA's, Ksports, 21mm Bat sway, PRT end links, etc, etc....

I will say I can be very tenacious at least, and I'm pretty fired up about AWD, so this should be interesting at least. Yours truly, Mr. Crazy

Back