• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

Good news: Bypass valve is on right, made 2 pounds on a quick rev. yay. My new wheel and tire package will be on soon. Yay

Bad News. My mocal oil cooler has a unfixable leak so i have to throw it out and get a new one.... 170$ down the drain. Boo. Bunch of other brake issues i need to fix to get the car to my liking. Boo.

It's close! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope this tuning pulls through well.

It's someplace where it seems between the rows and the plates, I can't even physically see it I'd have to rip off it apart to find it.

First i thought it was the hose end to the an fitting, then i thought it was leaking between the seems of the an fitting to the cooler (unremovable) JB welded that. It shoots like a geyser when i rev'ed it.

See pics. Note: car is very dirty.

yUz4gCV.jpg

cOiEcaI.jpg

bwFujnQ.jpg

2kDuwgP.jpg

You are welcome to have it if you want to pay shipping. lol Otherwise the new one is arriving in the next couple days, and it goes in the bin. I guess it's not uncommon among mocal coolers. I got a setrab in the same size.

i mounted my oil cooler with the hose unions at the top ....... so that no air could be trapped inside the rad.

I guess the ideal layout would be; hot oil in the top, cold oil out the bottom .... and maybe a pipe tee'd off from the hot in union to the slam panel .... so the systen could be burped after maintenance.

I like the overall color scheme in your engine bay ....G.

Chuck testa. I got it covered but thanks though. I'm going to mount this one to live through a war. This won't won't leak or vibrate.

Come on birthday boy .... get out of bed and get that 'tour movin' .....G.

I've been doing stuff.

- Got the oil cooler mocked up it doesn't leak, still need to finalize mounting. Got another tune loaded up, runs quite well.

- New wheels and tires are amazing going to roll the fenders so they fit.

- Waiting on a abs sensor and brake hose in the mail..

Then i can bleed the brakes & put it back together agian and take it too a car wash and get more tuning.

It's on the road. Brakes are squared away. Lots of little things to take care of still, seems like a never ending story. More tuning!

P1MrkG0.jpg

kXvEi8A.jpg

Well i got to meet dreddsvt at sz, he was nice enough to let me drive his car. Its not mine so i didnt give it the beans.

His blower is far less noisy then mine. Could be my pulley size.

He is running the same clutch setup seems to hold power just fine, pedal feel is good identical. I know some people have bad feel on clutchnet setups.

I still have a small exhaust leak and need an alignment.. maybe this week.

Hopefully i get more tuning in too.

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

just rubbing it in that i drove my car to work today. It was very fun. get to it.

I drove mine 15 miles today. It runs well, until i want to go fast. It's not :(

Give me your tune.

Part of me thinks my maf hates where it's at with the bends. Part of me thinks my belt is slipping and another part says it needs more tuning.. SO.

Back