• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

6-7lbs for a second. It really started to move, but i let off trying to take it easy obviously.

According to some posts i've read ...... with the 2.87, you could make up to 13lbs. So...... lots more fun yet to come.

Is your BOV adjustable... are you going to limit the boost ?

Alllowing the tune to stablize how the motor idles and runs, could also be useful to ensure the fuelling system is stable.

Are you datalogging ? ....G.

I don't think jaged ever reached that level, he has the 2.62~ At least with the 3L he said he is at 12lbs. I specifically didn't want that pulley, the bottom end won't last at that level. WOT hasnt been touched so i expect more.

My BPV is non adjustable, it's just a plastic bosch one. Pretty universal. I'm hoping i won't need to limit or adjust anything.

Car cruises and idles perfect no issues with throttle hang or stalling, but i need to make sure i don't lean out, and i'm sure i need some timing added. Yes i am dataloging, using a xcal4 it's nice but i really hate sct's software. What i would give to have a compatible accessport for this car.

Car has about 300 miles with boost. Fixed a ton of junk along that 300 miles misfires,leaks, broken things. But it seems very well sorted now.

Had more tuning done but ran out of time w/tuner good results but had some decel issues so i went back to my old tune. Been waiting for his schedule to free up.

So its been sitting for awhile, runs like hot garbage so i have no intrest in driving it much. :( pretty depressing, hopefully brighter days for it. Really want some track time.

Tried tuning again. Failure.

Car has all sorts of issues with tuning. 02 Sensors signals are turning off at 4500rpm+ on tuning software. Car seems to be running out of fuel at WOT under boost and high load, and produces a no start condition on top of all that. That eventually goes away with nothing touched at all. Going to do some fuel pressure testing, but besides that i'm out of ideas.

Ready to blow it da hell up. No joke. Contour's days could be numbered.

Car seems to be running out of fuel at WOT under boost and high load, and produces a no start condition on top of all that. That eventually goes away with nothing touched at all. Going to do some fuel pressure testing, but besides that i'm out of ideas.

are you still using the 24lb injectors ? ... can you get some 30lb ers ?

I'm on 42lb'ers. Narrow my issue down to the pump or somthing, Could be faulty. My issues arrive only at less than half tank. Car runs like a million bucks with a full tank or so.

do you know Beans, so many guys have had this "below a 1/4 of a tank issue" that I think that there must be an issue with the filter sock.

I know the new filter sock that comes with the Walbro is smaller and rectangular rather than L shaped like the stock part.

Is there an L shaped filter off a Mustang or something that will fit the pump ? ... G.

I have a l shaped one. Never heard of anyone having issues like this on a return pump, pulling it to inspect, might pitch it.

Several years ago, me and others (on NECO too) were supplied with walbros with rectangular filters with a smaller neck..... this meant the stock filter sock didn't fit.

Does your pump have the same size inlet neck as stock ?

I still think that going below half a tank and getting symptoms points to the fuel tank as the area of the issue.

Car sounds great in the vid .... interested to see your rev/ boost psi readings .... G.

Yes the stock sock fit fine. Not sure about the inlet and stuff.

I agree it being the pump/tank issue. Very weird, took me way to long to figure it out, i'll dig deeper.

That tune it's on is still pretty lousey. It takes a bit to wind it out, it's not feeling super quick at the moment, it does sound nice in boost thought :D

The inlet I was talking about was the one the sock fits on.

What fuel pressure regulator are you using ? The fuel pressure seems to rise with rev's to a point then fall back. Maybe you could turn it up to 60 at idle and see if it holds up better.

During that vid the fuel pressure sagged a little ..... what does your A/F look like if you overlay the two ? ..... G.

Stock regulator. A/F richens up good. but like i said tuning isn't even close to done with this.

The pressure does that on a stock car as well. I used a stock(ish) svt to compare. Never dips below 45psi at wot

I have an adjustable regulator..... they are good even on stock cars. I think if you can find one, it would be more suited for your setup.( my car went thru strict UK emissions as clean as a whistle at 50+ psi ) ... I do have very good working lambda sensors too.

I think AFP's have a different curve of fuel flow delivery than the stock unit .... I'd check that.... that was how it was explained to me.

Also; being vacuum driven, the inlet on your car is going to be making totally different vacuum readings as the Vortech winds into action. (think pegging MAF)

When you eventually get it to the dyno .... the more adjustment you have over your setup, the easier it will be for the tuner to precisely dial it in .... G.

Im not sinking another uneeded cent into the car, sometimes it's barely worth the gas i put in it. Its so close, but just as close to going to be parted if it's some issue i can't resolve. I've had it.

Sock had a little bit of sediment on it, tank had some sediement in it. Cleaned both. need to put things back together then try for tuning.

I picked up my AFR from ebay.... just happened to see it at a good price, so I bought it.

Hopefully cleaning the sock will help flow... beginning to think the sock and fuel filter need to be much bigger to allow for better flow.

Sorry to hear the stress of building the car is getting you down. If you look back, you've done so much work to get where you are ... seems a pity to not get the fun you've worked so hard for.

let us know how the tuning goes .... G.

Yep i am annoyed. Anyway, i had a question for those running a aftermarket fuel pump, Does it fit perfectly in the bracket location? My bracket is bent down slightly for it to fit. I'm wondering if that is giving me issues.

Back