• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

I'd have no problem with Adam tuning it, but last i talked with him he doesn't want to work with SCT, (not that i care at this point.) and I have 2 very viable options in person here that i think have a great chance of laying down a solid tune.

Still think the majority of my tuning issues was the maf placement and transitions and bends to and from the maf. I have sense corrected that, and should have a full 3.5" intake feed for the blower completed any day now. I think this will solve my issues.

I also bought a spare lightning maf today. Just to be sure.

Hey Beans; good news ... how did you determine the MAF was faulty ? ....G.

Hi, at idle looking at my xcal or datalog i would have a maf count that is jumping from 15-10 counts at idle. New maf im getting 3 counts max

.... so the next step is a quick drive around the block to see if it drives any better ? ....G.

Its stil going to run like ****. The tune is so far from anything it needs to be. Got a few more things i want to do before i take it in. Should be done within the next week or so.

.. if possible, make sure your oxygen sensors are as good as they can be.

My LPG software allows me to see the sensors switching back and forth in a square waveform. I spotted a slow switching sensor ..swapped it out and immediately noticed how much better the car ran.

A wideband is needed for tuning but the engine's own sensors are important for smooth running...

What's happening with your injectors ? ... G.

catch up with you tomorrow.

hmm..... can't see why your PCM's self adjustment isn't able to improve on your basic MAP. with some added miles.

The tune file you have, , is it possible to get it unlocked ? I mean, from what you're saying, it wouldn't be giving much away !!.....G.

Car runs ok, sitting on jackstands waiting for parts for over a month................ Tuning will be soon.

....good to hear.

Had an interesting chat with a guy who has been tuning for some years.

He said the best option is to go aftermarket PCM with a MAP sensor. He said it makes tuning so much easier on cars with a MAF setup.

I'm toying with the idea ... not sure what PCM functions I'm going to lose

Have you explored this tuning route ? ...G.

Yeah, but i know the stock pcm is capable, so i don't see a reason to mess with it. Honestly if this doesn't tune this time i'm going back to n/a and the "kit" will be for sale i miss driving the car.

I know how not driving your fun car feels.... I've bought my next DD and I'm knocking it into shape before the current DD gets the ol' heave-O ... so my ST24 has had to wait patiently for its turn ...G.

which MAF are you using now ? the same ?

take some vid' on your phone saturday ......G.

what news ?

I saw you venting about your car ....... does it still run as well as it did before the tuning ? assuming you took it last weekend .....G.

Back