• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

The forged motor is assembled, mocked up the st220 with the spare valve covers. (i'll pretty it up when it's official)

3.0 2005 Taurus block, balanced crank &assembly cleaned and machined ect ect
Rebuilt Heads "stage 1" port, new hla, exhaust valves, valve springs, seals, cleaned decked....
Diamond Pistons
Pauter Rods
ARP main cap & head studs
St220 camshafts
Taurus LIM
St220 UIM w/NDS Spacers
Felpro MLS headgaskets
Escape Pan

HmfyELI.jpg

Uek4IYS.jpg

CxN0aRs.jpg

oE9ZdMP.jpg

ijieTXC.jpg

Forged motor is in with smallest pulley. Need to tidy a few things but i will retune eventually with a larger maf (maxed out the 80mm lightning)

OK Gorman you got it. The good the bad and the ugly.

Edit here is a pic

NCdu529l.jpg

Every good engine swap starts with gas tank removal.

08H2Lytl.jpg

Yank all this garbage out
Gps6jVtl.jpg

Eff this thing.
6ZG6UhAl.jpg

Old 3L New 3L Begin transfer of parts

9Pdzerxl.jpg

lBEoglPl.jpg

Things i dislike that i fixed

Direnza aluminum Rad
IG1dCuIl.jpg

Fits like ****

XVZHeGyl.jpg

36aTSkhl.jpg

Last edited:
Weapon R header (Rear) Leaking on 2 banks. **** welds. [Not pictured, front bank gasket leaking out]

lekPGCdl.jpg

oQ9zdW8l.jpg

You Tarass 3L rail people live on the edge. A little bending made this fit better.

ODcJx0Il.jpg

XQ1fvzkl.jpg

Fuel cell is in and finishing up the plumbing.

MrhzFAcl.jpg

Brand new mtx75 running 3.8 Final..(Not my first choice :( ) Trying out an M-Factory diff this time around.

AQw5KSTl.jpg

Quick mock up on fitment

2zNOxOEl.jpg

EAKPX8il.jpg

lvhbln2l.jpg

Here is the main lump installed, got a bunch more done since this picture, but its mostly just little odds and ends to clean up...

0nvbv6Ol.jpg

....... WOW !! You are really kicking ass there ....

Interested in the heat shielding on the Vortec drive shaft ........ you think heat transfer from header is significant or just belt and braces attitude ? ...G.

Its not aimed at a particular issue. Heat and underhood temps have been a issue when autocrossimg

Everything is very tight in this engine bay... touching in many cases... I have a ton of heat sleeving and sheething material on the car. Anything that prevents melted things and gets the heat off anything that makes the car go fast longer.

...... did you find any better spacing for the oil cooler ....... wondering if you managed to make the oil cooler more efficient ....... I remember you talking about these issues .....G.

I have 2x spal fans pulling on the back side of the oil cooler now. Have not completed wiring yet. You can see them in the empty engine bay shot

.... oh yeah, To be honest, I hadn't studied that photo, that closely.

Really good to see your progress ..... checking back regularly. ....

Got the car started. Few more bugs to sort out. SUPER High Fuel pressure and a bad power steering pump pissing fluid

Back