• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone else have issues with lasota racing?

formulad3

CEG'er
hi guys,
i recently purchased the prp software and free " base tune " from lasota. got everything almost 2 weeks ago and have yet to get a base tune that starts my car!
emailed back and forth a few times and every tune is a no start, no crank condition with the pats light blinking fast. they keep trying some 3l base file to work with
and yet still nothing. now they wont even respond back. next issue... sct claims to give you access to the pro racer forums but have tried 7 times and never get the activation email
from them. emailed, emailed and emailed again and no response. tried calling and hung up after an hour and a half on hold... one moment please.....lol

what a joke! cant believe i wasted my money on this and cant even get a response back. ( submit refund here )

i know sct is a good package to use for our cars but at this point i more than willing to throw the **** out and buy into someone else's software..
anyone have any good ideas as to who else has a good package to tune our cars??

thanks all,
aaron

Last edited:
email sct that you bought the software with your username and they approve you to the forums.

as for the tuning it seems like a problem with the car not the tune. chill off the shop, fix the car

Made my own base tune and it fired right up.
Seems like it doesnt like the 3l base. Maybe cause the clock speeds are different. Idk...
On the right track now

Am I reading this correctly .... you had them send you a tune for a 3L, as in the pcm program for a Taurus?

i didnt have them do it, they felt it was the best way to handle the 3l swap.
but yes.... thats exactly what they did. confusing huh????
i didnt wanna lose the advantage that the svt program gave me already so i am gonna try my own tuning i guess.
kinda bought it through them so i wouldnt have to monkey around with getting it running, was hoping to finish the base tune and not
have to make my own. is what it is i guess.....

I am not sure how that would work, but the PCM codes would be completely different, same with the pin outs for the PCMs. Loading a different PCM code software will cause a no-start condition like you described.

Have to use the programing and edit it as needed. What that includes would be accounting for the more air due to the higher displacement and depending on setup, removing the secondaries, etc.

BTW, the stock SVT PCM programming can run a 3L, many have for some time. It is best however to tune as you are doing.

oops....
the stock svt tune is dead nuts on a/f til i go more than 15-20% throttle. then she nose dives to anywhere from 11.2 down to 8.8 ( innovate wb )
still hauls the mail. my buddies 08 impala ss with the v8 cant pull me. and at 80 i take him pretty good. not bad since the ss has a 0-60 of 5.8-6.0 secs.
wish someone else on here with tuning experience would chime in.... got a cpl good questions.
thanks

The stock programming on any Contour is pretty rich when under high load. When you go to WOT it does open loop.

brapple, would you happen to have any advice or experience with tuning these cars?
i get most of it from my turbo ranger build but the imrc portions are kinda confusing.
cant seem to lean out the wot portion and think that the imrc tables are playing a role in it.
anyways,
thanks

im one of the few who knows how to use this software on the forums. i have also taken a few dyno tuning/high performance classes so i could answer any questions you might have

Back