• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Xcal2 What is it

Pulled from brenspeeds website.

9400.gif

I realize I've gotten here late, but while this thread is here...

I don't have a great desire for optimum power, but I like to learn & tinker with things. If I get an XCal2 can I upload the stock tune to the XCal2 and make changes to that file myself then flash the PCM with my modified tune??

You'd need the pro racer package I believe to make any significant changes. I understand you wanting to tinker but it's cheaper to get just the xcal2 and tune from warmonger.

With SIMPLY the XCAL2 and the software on your laptop (NOT PRP) you can make some minor adjustments, like +5/-5% to timing (though this is ACROSS THE BOARD, so if you are borderline pinging at 5000+rpm, and you are MORE than safe at 2500rpm, adding +4% may set you off at 5000+rpm, still...) and a few more.

Actually with the .ll3 tune file you can adjust timing much more that that over three different ranges, low, med, high rpms.
This should be set by the tuner before the file is saved. I could set it to +10, -20 degrees if I wanted to but that would be not safe if the customer accidentally changed something.

Same thing for air fuel, limiters, etc.

Tune me up..

Tune me up..

whats is the best thing here for svt 3.0L for a tune??
I was reading and looks like the xcal and a dyno seems to be good!!
I would like to see what you 3.0L svt guys have and what you like, to get the most out of the car!!

i saw that you can not use the SCT xcal2 for obdI where can i find these chips for my 95 tour? 2.5L mtx also i wanna turbo it this summer....

if the tune stored ON the stang was returned to "stock" then yes, theoretically, it should work on another ford.

However, if they tune their car, leave the tune on their PCM and sell the XCAL like that, you are stuck paying to clear it yourself, which will more than cover the cost of a new XCAL2 or XCAL3

if the tune stored ON the stang was returned to "stock" then yes, theoretically, it should work on another ford.

However, if they tune their car, leave the tune on their PCM and sell the XCAL like that, you are stuck paying to clear it yourself, which will more than cover the cost of a new XCAL2 or XCAL3

uh, what? so the software provided by SCT doesn't allow you to reset the device?

what about if I brought it to a dyno tune shop and had them clear it, wouldn't they throw that in with the cost of the tune?

how much should I expect to pay for a descent tune?

the XCAL can only tune one car at a time. if you have a tune loaded to a PCM of a vehicle, then the XCAL is "locked". in order to do anything with it, it has to be used on the same PCM or you have to load the "original" tune (OEM tune) back to the OEM PCM to use the XCAL on another PCM.

As for a dyno shop being able to do it, I wouldn't know, but I would not think its impossible (if they are a certified XCAL dealer, as well...)

the XCAL can only tune one car at a time. if you have a tune loaded to a PCM of a vehicle, then the XCAL is "locked". in order to do anything with it, it has to be used on the same PCM or you have to load the "original" tune (OEM tune) back to the OEM PCM to use the XCAL on another PCM.

As for a dyno shop being able to do it, I wouldn't know, but I would not think its impossible (if they are a certified XCAL dealer, as well...)

alright... but it's nothing but software at this point, nobody has hacked a way to "unlock" a Xcal?

come on guys, I can play PS3 games on a 360, I can play sega genesis games on a 360. I can play any games I want on a pc, as well as burn copies on my dual layer DVD-RW that will play like new on their home game system.

with all of the innovation in the underground, nobody has figured out how to unlock a friggin Xcal?

Who knows... all I know is that on THIS forum, you won't hear about it... period.

We (CEG, the site, admins/mods and community as a whole) don't support, allow, or promote any form of piracy, nor the discussion of the aforementioned actions or ideas. Its illegal, and this is something our site wants nothing to do with. We present ourselves to the internet-as-a-whole as a respectable, family oriented site. It will remain that way for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure there's a way (there's a way for ANYTHING, right?) and maybe even that its been done... but the bottom line is: you won't learn about it, or hear about it on these forums.

Back