• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Remap of ECU after exchanging headers (MSDS )on ST200

saj

New CEG'er
I am going to exchange the headers with msds headers. The garage who will do the remap is about 200 miles away. How many miles can I drive the car before the ECU is remap?Is it possible that the engine i damaged?

What can I expect after a remap? A garage (tuning spesialist) adverties with:
Original fms Power
205 hk 222 hk
234 Nm 270 Nm
with original headers. They do the Dynotest
Is this a god result?

Updating the thread. My procject is soon ending. Here is the result after remapping.Remapping..jpg

The man who did the job said the result was 161kW = 216 bhp as shown on the map. Fabric information says 151kW = 205 bhp. I will ask about details and explanations of the map.
I have no experiences and knowledge with remapping the ecu.
What should I expect?

Yes, "Prated = 151 kW", I assume, is the rated horsepower, which is 205 on an ST200 from the factory. Known fact.

"Pwheel = 111.2 kW", we are guessing, is the power at the wheel, or the actual dyno reading. This converts to 149-150 horsepower, which is very very low.

I hate it when dyno jockeys presume to state actual BHP numbers when they can only reliably read the power at the wheels.

As for what you should expect - my worn-out old 2.5, on a stock map, with intake, headers, and exhaust, put down 157 horsepower on a dyno. And since the ST200 started out with 30 more than I did, I would think you should be making at least 197 at the wheels.

Thanks for answer. I will ask the "jockey" about the remapping and explanation about the graph/values. The Pwheel value o.l. With cleaned LIM, UIM, MSDS headers I was expected a little bit moore.
Here is the dyno before remapping:
Dyno before rema&#112.jpg

Woa... you only had 103.3kW (138.5hp) at the wheels with an ST200? That is wildly unfortunate. My SVT, with nothing on it, and 122k on it put down 157hp at the wheels. Cleaning up things, installing headers, replacing spark plugs, replacing plug wires, and installing a FRAM Air Hog filter I put down 178hp at the wheels. Seems like you have something seriously wrong with your engine. Is your IMRC box working (control unit that opens the secondary valves for the lower intake manifold)?

Last edited:
I have done everything you mention except replacing plug wires. I have checked the IMRC. At about 3300 rpm I can see the valves are opening. I started my project because I had that feeling not driving a ST200. Should I expect that the remapping will give more power to the wheels? Or something else I should check out. Plug wires/coil?

Back