Mail in tune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail in tune

So with NPG gone who does everyone go to for a mail in tune? I'm planning a 3.0 build but do not have a svt ecu so even if everything goes well the car will not run without a proper tune correct?
    00 Cougar MTX 3.0. Miko RSTB, FSTB, Tubular LCA's, Eibach Springs, Baer Big Brake Kit, SVT, UIM, LIM, TB, & Cams. PRT Trans Mounts, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Clutch, Quaife LSD, OZ Superleggera 18", WeaponR Headers

I can't speak personally from experience but I found this thread in this forum that may be helpful:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...hlight=indiana
    Mr. Spindlelegs
    1999 Black SVT #1658 of 2760
    2014 Scion FR-S Monogram Series

Comment

What injectors are you running? What PCM? If you are using stock injectors they are going to be near their limits. I have a Nautilus tune for a 99 Cougar (return fuel system) on an SCT chip for an SVT 2.5L with 17# cougar injectors I would gladly sell. I don't know that the PCM code would be the same though if you have a 2000.

If you look around you might be able to find a local shop to perform a dyno tune? That's what I would do if I was getting my car tuned these days.
      2009 Honda...

Comment

Originally posted by mrspindlelegs View Post
        I can't speak personally from experience but I found this thread in this forum that may be helpful:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...hlight=indiana
        Read further into that thread and there is at least one place still doing mail-order tunes for us. Brenspeed is no longer supporting our platform.
        99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid, Spec flywheel, MSDS, CAI, 17" Konig Tantrums, Optimized TB & Y, Baer BBK, Bassani cat-back w/ magnaflow res, Koni's w/ H&R

'06 Volvo V50 T5 AWD MTX- Stock

Comment

fast specialties in Vancouver Washington made me a base tune mail tune. they could probably make you a full tune but itl be more then for a baseline, because all i needed was to drive 7 hours to them and i didnt want to risk it
          1999 Mercury Cougar Full 3.0L MTX
          236HP

Comment

Just an update Joey @ Nautilus performance got his Web page up and running again. I contacted him, told him my mods and got him to write me a base tune. The car seems to be running well. It now has a normal idle and seems to be running cooler.
            00 Cougar MTX 3.0. Miko RSTB, FSTB, Tubular LCA's, Eibach Springs, Baer Big Brake Kit, SVT, UIM, LIM, TB, & Cams. PRT Trans Mounts, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Clutch, Quaife LSD, OZ Superleggera 18", WeaponR Headers

Comment

Working...
            X