• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

clutch fluid leaking from bottom weep hole. Pedal to floor...

allstyle12

CEG'er
Clutch fuid on the ground, and can't shift. Pedal goes to floor. There's a weep hole at the bottom of the transmission where it's leaking. Busted hose? Bad seal? Bad slave cylinder?

Attachments

• photo15525.jpg
    photo15525.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
If the weep hole is wet, and yet the clutch cylinder reservoir is not dropping in fluid level, you have something else leaking from the weep hole. What does this fluid look like? Motor oil or transaxle fluid are the two choices. As far as clutch performance - bleed same and report back. These two issues/observations MAY be UNRELATED.

If the weep hole is wet, and yet the clutch cylinder reservoir is not dropping in fluid level, you have something else leaking from the weep hole. What does this fluid look like? Motor oil or transaxle fluid are the two choices. As far as clutch performance - bleed same and report back. These two issues/observations MAY be UNRELATED.

Its definitely clutch fluid. Smells and feels like it. I'll see if I can bleed the clutch, as you may be on to something.

I just got in the car this morning and was able to shift gears after a few pumps of the clutch. Started to leak a little bit.

Back