• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shimming, measuring end float, final drive change for mtx-75

rbls4ever

New CEG'er
Hey All,

I Figured since most of you probably don't frequent NECO I would post this over here too for anyone interested in building up their own transmission.

Any questions just ask guys!

Wow, Thanks I am getting ready to have my trans rebuilt, this is great info to know..

This should be a sticky just for the RECENT part #'s that are including.. RBLS4ever, a part # list of what is needed to go along with this would be great..for us who are rebuilding or plan to rebuild our units as half the battle is tracking down said parts..

The parts list is at the top of the how-to. The parts were all tracked down by putting the part numbers in google and using fordpartsgiant.com. Trust me, finding parts was the hardest thing by far. you could also invest in one of the mtx-75 rebuild kits around the web, but you need to know which size output shaft you have for those bearings. Time to open it up and see what's inside! One of my bearings I had to source from FAG in France.... Good luck

Back