• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 Mystique/Zetec oil pan gasket replacement? Mine is leaking oil and burning off onto the CAT. =(

tonyankyfan1

CEG'er
Hello Guys-

Zetec oil pan gasket replacement? What does this entail? Mine is leaking oil and burning off onto the CAT creating a smoke show. =( I have searched forum and really don't come up with much for the zetec, everything is the for the V6.

Thanks Anthony

P.S. What are some tips, Pro's and con's of the install and preferred gasket.

Get a shop manual and take a look. Off the top of my head, haven't look at a Zetec since 2010, the exhaust will need to be removed and then the pan should drop out. May have to drop/remove the subframe also.

Gasket manufacturer shouldn't matter as long as its installed correctly.

Get a shop manual and take a look. Off the top of my head, haven't look at a Zetec since 2010, the exhaust will need to be removed and then the pan should drop out. May have to drop/remove the subframe also.

Gasket manufacturer shouldn't matter as long as its installed correctly.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I GOTTA GET ONE OF THOSE SHOP MANUALS, DONT HAVE ONE YET. SO I WOULD DEF NEED EXHAUST/ --> CATALYTIC CONVERTER GASKET AND FLEX PIPE GASKET??? AS WELL ALONG WITH THE OIL PAN GASKETS.

THANKS ANTHONY

Is the oil pan on the zetec 1 piece or 2?? I am confused as people state you need to use permatex on one part of the pan and a gasket on the other??? And in pics, I only see the black metal pan. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Same as pics with mine

Thanks Anthony

Zetec oil pan question??

Hi All-

Is the oil pan on the zetec a 1 piece or 2?? I am confused as people state when you change the gasket on the oil pan, you need to use permatex on one part of the pan and a gasket on the other??? I only see the black metal pan on my 98 mystique GS. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Same as pics with online. It has a black metal pan connecting to what should be the silver aluminum block, but then I am not sure. Please, any help would be great!!!!

Thanks Anthony

Back