• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for this hose?? Its seems impossible to find....

tonyankyfan1

CEG'er
Hi Guys-

I have been looking to purchase this hose, But it seems impossible to find. It is the "EXPANSION TANK to THERMOSTAT housing hose?!?!?! (It runs from the expanison tank, across the heat sheild to the T-stat housing) Does anyone know what part # or where to find this. Ebay and rockauto dont have anything, forget autozone or pep boys they are clueless... Any idea, would be great!!! I am looking to get the original motorcraft replacement that has the exact bends as the original, not jerri-rig up a new one.

Thanks Anthony

may not be available from a dealer anymore

You are correct!!! Called up Tasca ford and part is discontinued. Now, I have to jerri-rig one, making one w some new hose and 45 degree brass fittings etc.. Thanks for the reply

Anthony

None of those are the OEM parts on my Contour or Focus zetecs any longer. OIL COOLER hose in the right size works well as does the proper size brake line tubing cut and bent to come up with any line you could possibly need. I use the steel brake line in most of the length to forgo paying more for the more expensive oil cooler hose. The hose then gets used at the ends. Remember to use rubber around the reservoir to allow you to remove reservoir to flip it if working say on the pass side mount. Do NOT use fuel line, it will blow out (30+ psi there) and does not have a high enough temperature rating.

Been running that non-standard setup for many years and zero issues doing it.

46 bucks, what a riot! Ain't no way. $5-$10 each car max my way. FYI, I use only the top and bottom main rad hoses and all others are bulk straight hose to save $100 bill on a Focus with those 9 hoses to change. Same on the Contour. Preformed super expensive unobtanium hoses are the pits.

None of those are the OEM parts on my Contour or Focus zetecs any longer. OIL COOLER hose in the right size works well as does the proper size brake line tubing cut and bent to come up with any line you could possibly need. I use the steel brake line in most of the length to forgo paying more for the more expensive oil cooler hose. The hose then gets used at the ends. Remember to use rubber around the reservoir to allow you to remove reservoir to flip it if working say on the pass side mount. Do NOT use fuel line, it will blow out (30+ psi there) and does not have a high enough temperature rating.

Been running that non-standard setup for many years and zero issues doing it.

46 bucks, what a riot! Ain't no way. $5-$10 each car max my way. FYI, I use only the top and bottom main rad hoses and all others are bulk straight hose to save $100 bill on a Focus with those 9 hoses to change. Same on the Contour. Preformed super expensive unobtanium hoses are the pits.

Thanks a million for this great reply, appreciate it!!!
Anthony

Back