No announcement yet.

Bigger throttle body/ fuel mileage modifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would stick with the current rims and tires, there are plenty of options in fuel saver tires for that rim size.
    98.5 t-red Zetec mtx
    207,000 and counting
    i love bring my car into class, it give a new "special circumstance" every day.

Comment

Originally posted by mncontour View Post
      Will optimizing the throttle body make a noticeable difference in fuel mileage? Thanks.

Probably not, but its a fun project. I've done 2 of them so far and i'm working on my 3rd.

00 Contour SVT #1914 BLK/PT
      3L Hybrid, cam regrinds, MSDS, Quaife, NPG CAI, 17x7.5 MSR wheels, Hankook RS3 245/40s, D2s, tubular rear toe arms, BAT rear sway bar, 13" Cobra front brakes, 300mm FSVT rear brakes, CF Evo hood, Mirko. 2900lbs. 213whp/179wtq

Comment

Originally posted by jrichardson View Post
        yes

and yes, you would have to get mil eliminators.
        Where can we get MIL eliminators for the zetec??
        and if you have a MIL eliminator will the car pass inspection w a gutted cat and the MIL???
        Thanks Anthony. I have same issue

Comment

Originally posted by 95_Mystique View Post

Probably not, but its a fun project. I've done 2 of them so far and i'm working on my 3rd.
          that's really nice polishing .... I like the way you have flattened the bar too.

can I ask about the step in front of the blade ... do you keep it for a reason ? ....G.

ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

No reason other than i wasnt sure about how to machine it down. That was all done by hand with sand paper, and finished off with a Dremel polishing pad. I've recently upgraded to an optimized Mustang 65mm throttle body.
            00 Contour SVT #1914 BLK/PT
            3L Hybrid, cam regrinds, MSDS, Quaife, NPG CAI, 17x7.5 MSR wheels, Hankook RS3 245/40s, D2s, tubular rear toe arms, BAT rear sway bar, 13" Cobra front brakes, 300mm FSVT rear brakes, CF Evo hood, Mirko. 2900lbs. 213whp/179wtq

Comment

Mustang TB's are the way to go for flat out fun

.... so your third project was that mustang TB ? Photo's ?

I'd be interested to see your handiwork and compare it to the one I bought several years ago .... ....G.
              ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

Working...
              X