• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mercury Cougar 4Cyl Weapon R Stainless Steel Street Headers 4-1 / 2Pc (1998-2003)

I sent email to this outfit (2KRacing) on 02/19/2014 and haven't had a reply from them - inquiring if this item was still available. Not a good sign of customer service.

I sent email to this outfit (2KRacing) on 02/19/2014 and haven't had a reply from them - inquiring if this item was still available. Not a good sign of customer service.

I will try and give them a call later:
Have A Question About This Product? 1-818-344-4410

Okay I just spoke with John from 2KRacing and he doesn't have the header in stock. He would need to contact Weapon R. I have already emailed Weapon R I am waiting for a reply from them. If I receive any info I will post it.

Received the following info from Weapon-R sad day for the Contour and Cougar Zetec

It is confirmed it will discontinued!

We will no longer make this header

Chris Wanstrath
Weapon-R Sales Manager
180 Sylvester Rd.
South San Francisco CA, 94080
Tel: 650-877-8280 Fax: 650-877-8290

https://twitter.com/OfficialWeaponR

I was never really a big fan of anything Weapon-R makes anyway (even though I'm running their Y-pipe now). They always came across as a me-too brand that was just a product of the Fast & Furious generation like APC or something.

No big loss.

Agree with you, but who else has made (recent or distant past) made headers for our Zetec in the Contour/Mystique or Cougar? I had a Caterham 7 with a Zetec 2.0 with headers....obviously a very different layout - rwd vs fwd. I hear the Tiger R6 is similiar to the Caterham 7.

Very nice info/references Con-Man!! Of course, if I could just locate a new/used Cougar Zetec header, the whole oil pan issue would be a mute point. THANK YOU!!

Yeah your right with the Oil pan. There are some more Cougar Weapon R headers out there we just need to find one. Keep checking ebay..... Or you could go Turbo then you wouldn't need the header.

Thanks Con-Man. Do keep your eyes open for me/us on the Weapon R headers. Turbo on my 72 + mile a day DD, that just crossed 100K miles and still get's 32mpg. I think not ;-)

Back