This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ! Re: Wa2Tuff

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that our beloved Tom, Wa2Tuff, has passed away.

If you've met him then you know that he was one of a kind, a very special person. He was a kind, caring and loving person. He was a person that had not only a true passion for cars but for his family. We spoke many times about the love he had for his wife, Anne, as well as his children; Jennifer, Claire, Megan, and Tommy. His grandchildren, they were the light of his life and he loved them dearly.

We met at Carlisle and hit it off. I remember the "parking lot mod" of swapping out his trunk lid for that of MattR's. He didn't want the spoiler and Matt did so off we went to grab tools. At the hotel we'd sit, chat and have a "few" in the gazebo at the former Clarion hotel. We're all laughing, joking and having a great time, we'd look over and Tom would be out like a light with his beer in hand. It became the running joke that Tom would crash with a beverage in his hand and we made it a point of snapping pictures for him.

We send our thoughts, prayers and condolences to his wife and family. He truly meant a lot too many people.

My friend, I hope you are resting easy now! I will forever miss you.

Please feel free to share your memories or pictures.
    Christine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

00 Black Ebony SVT ~ #1412

17 Ford Explorer Limited: Magnetic Gray: - Build date: 27 October 2016

98 Silver Frost SVT ~ #2059. SOLD 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012

One of the longest car related friendships I ever had was with Thomas Hoyt, aka wa2tuff. One of those cars and members you just don't forget.

We could pick at each other all day at SZ and couldn't wait for the next meet to get here to do it all over again.

I met Tom at our annual CEG Spring Zing meet in 2005 which was pretty much our family reunion here at CEG.

We will miss you. Truly genuine fantastic person.

Always found a time to get a nap in between events. Cracks me up just thinking about it.
    *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
    30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

It's funny how many of us have photos of Tom taking a nap. I'd take a picture and show him the next day and we'd laugh.
      I know I have a few more on another hard drive. I need to dig it out and find them.Thanks for sharing!
      Christine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

00 Black Ebony SVT ~ #1412

17 Ford Explorer Limited: Magnetic Gray: - Build date: 27 October 2016

98 Silver Frost SVT ~ #2059. SOLD 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012

Comment

This is so sad. RIP!

Comment

Hectour told me about this the other night, I was very sad, huge gut punch. I remember Tom coming out to the Woodward Dream Cruize a couple times, long drive from Cleveland to the D. Once there Tom was blown away and thanked me for the invite, hell, I thanked HIM for coming out, especially with leaving so early to get there even. Everyone is spot on when they talk about how nice he was, I mean a really, really nice guy and he will be dearly missed!

RIP TOM

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Nero/custom stripe job
          "Yes...it does have the goods to back up the stripes!"
          2014 Fall Dragon Run...where are the Contiques?

Comment

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. Tom was always a pleasure to talk to at Carlisle. My condolences to his family .

Comment

Working...
            X