• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thinking of selling my 2000 Contour SE Sport V6...opinions wanted

crocker_dave

CEG'er
Hi,
I'm thinking of selling my '00 Contour SE Sport V6. It's got 110,000 mi on the clock & the car is in good mechanical condition. Interior is in good shape also (gray cloth seats). I got it with 66,000 mi and I've documented all the maintenance since then. I've been scouring the internet for Contours in similar condition & mileage, and it seems most are asking somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,500 ish. Do y'all think that sounds about right? Thanks in advance for any input!

Hi; it's harder to express an opinion without pictures.

You never know someone might take an interest ....G.

Is it a 5 speed? When I bought mine it was in very similar sounding condition as yours (other than a broken VSS) and I got it for $1300--and I'm pretty sure if fell to that because of the manual transmission.

Is it a 5 speed? When I bought mine it was in very similar sounding condition as yours (other than a broken VSS) and I got it for $1300--and I'm pretty sure if fell to that because of the manual transmission.
Its an automatic. And yes, thanks to ContourMike I have all 4 center caps for the stock 15" 8 spoke wheels! (thanks again Mike!!). I'll take a few pics of the contour when I get home and post them up soon. Some additional detail: a/c & heat work well, it runs/drives good, aftermarket cd player (JVC) and aftermarket door speakers. The only problems with it are: 1) paint is chipping in 3 spots on the roof & surface rust is visible, 2) one of the hinges is broken on the glove box (it still opens & closes), and 3) the leather boot for the e-brake came loose from the surrounding plastic...i'm not sure if something is broken or just needs to be re-attached. Thx for the feedback guys! I'll try to get pics up soon!

Back