• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Jack points on the rear

MadDog

Veteran CEG'er
Does anyone have a picture of a good jack point to lift the rear of the CSVT ? I hate using the pinch weld rail (its getting all bent up), and the jack point under the jack point covers are so narrow and I can't use a jack and also fit a jack stand under there. I know better than to try and lift right on the rear subframe element.

Has anyone made custom tailored fittings to lift along the pinch welds ? I use a block of wood, which works ok, but not great.

Mad Dog

Ive always used the rear tow/tie-down points behind the bumper next to the exhaust. Never had an issue.

There is a flat pad of pretty stiff unit body just forward of where the rear trailing arms attach. I keep a couple of 2X4 blocks about 5" long to put between the sheet metal and the jack pad.

Now I just jack from the trailer hitch.

Sounds like its almost worth putting a trailer hitch in just to use as a lift point.

thanks,

Mad Dog

No Title

That doesn't look like fun. : (

Can someone confirm this is a lift point ?

thnaks,

Mad Dog

Attachments

• photo15607.JPG
    photo15607.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 1
That spot works. Just use some 2 x4's stacked up so that you don't catch anything else.

That's the pad I was talking about a few posts up, just put few short 2X4 blocks in it first to keep the jack pad from damaging anything, and be sure not to crush the E-brake cable.

Thanks for the confirm. I always use a wood block on the jack, never metal on metal.

thanks,

Mad Dog

Back