• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front seats in rear

crackerican69

Veteran CEG'er
Well...since i got screwed at court and by PENNDOT, i wont be able to drive for a little while (1 year and 3 months as of now). So that gives me plenty of time to actually get some work done to Blue. The list has grown much shorter, but still some thing i need/want to do. One thought that did cross my mind was the possibility of installing 2 front seats (DS/PS) in place of the full rear seat. Obviously, a console would need to me made (with cupholders and rear power adapter) while retaining access to the fuel pump, as well as reconfiguring the seat brackets to fit in the existing seat basin. I wont be getting started for a month or so as my other projects with the car are my priority. Has anyone else ever thought of doing this?

Doesn't look very comfortable to me at all, no leg room there...................I personally would not be able to sit there.

To each his own I guess.

I think it might be OK for kids and small stature adults, but Hell, I'm 6', 200 pounds, and I can't sit in the back of my own Contour, my head is hard into the headliner. Ford reduced the thickness of the rear seat cushion in later years to give the back seats some additional headroom, but it's still an adult torture chamber.

Back