• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats the BEST aftermarket brand --> Passsenger side ENGINE mount??

tonyankyfan1

CEG'er
Greetings guys-

Just replaced my engine mount, trans mount and 2 rolls restrictors on the MERC, and it seems i have more vibration now, then i did before.. WTF!!!?!?!? The brand i swapped now is DEA, anyone have a better suggestion on this topic, I am stumped!!! I have steering wheel vibration as well as brake pedal, only in gear, not PARK. Didnt have that before, foirget having the A/C on, then its really a shakefest!!! Any idea's guys....

Thanks Anthony

P.S. Car is a 98 mystique GS, zetec

I'm not sure that you understand that fresh mounts dont let the engine move as much.. therefore the things that shake is the next week spots.. suspension and wheel bounce etc.. Stiffer = better. You'll get used to it.

Yes, I did align motor and center engine in mounts. I was always under the impression that bad moubts cause vibration and shaking, when u replace them, vibrations go away and nothing shakes?? Is that incorrect??
I forgot to mention, the entire suspension is new along w sway bar bushings and end links. I replaced everything....
How long does the engine take to seat in bushings eliminating shaking and vibrating???

Thanks, Anthony

bad mounts cause excessive engine movement when switching gears, revving, etc. Shaking/vibration at idle is usually the engine itself. Does it go away when not at idle? like above 1k? some engines just have normal vibration from the balance of the motor but it depends on how bad its shaking. Whens the last time you did a tuneup?

Back