• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Battery, ABS and seat belt light flickering and radio dies at hard acceleration

MSguy76

New CEG'er
I had the alternator checked...its good. I changed the battery because it was bad. Still does the flickering lights on the dash ( battety, abs and seat belt). What could be the issue, I dont want to be driving and get stranded.

Check the grounds for the battery itself, Or have it load tested again, When there is strain on the battery it seems to be causing your issue.

Contiques with 4 cycl engines are known to have a flickering type issue at idle or when idle drops.. I can't remember exactly what it's called but type something in along those lines in the search...

My old 98 headlights you would swear were flashing at night while sitting at stop lights or just after cold start and say first pull away after shifting into drive..I've had the battery light as well as a few othres light up for a brief second.. then all was well.

Yours sounds like its strictly under load.. I would have a load test done on the car again.. if there is something it should show it..

Back