• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT-Compatible Floor Jack

giganto

CEG'er
I am sitting in the WalMart waiting room while they are using the roadside emergency jack to change one tire at a time. They put it up on their jackstand and I insisted they lower it immediately as the side skirts made some crunching sounds. Their floor service jack wouldn't fit under the body kit. I drove it up onto the lift's ramp, but the jack's head didn't screw up to clear the skirts. I bought their low-profile jack, and it fit under the skid but didn't go far enough to reach the frame rails. I'd prefer not to have to drive onto boards just to use a jack. Could anyone point me toward a long, low profile floor service jack that's SVT-compatible and what I should be looking for as far as damage to the side skirts? The wi-fi in here is terrible and I was not upsold on their rotation program. At least he told me the Walmart 40 miles away has a two-post lift. I know where I'll be in seven years!

Ok I know this isn't exactly the answer you want but it may help.

Take your normal jack that comes with the car, take of a jack point cover, lift the car a tiny bit in the air to get the other jack under it.

then when u let it back down do the same thing on each side in reverse, sit it down onto your normal b.s. jack...then lower it to the ground from there.

This is the way I pick up my SVT's without having to take off the body kit. more trouble, yes but always works. then trying to smash a low-rider jack under it.

When i have had it towed, they needed wood ramps so I wouldn't scrape, and I sit on stock springs on a 225/45r17 wheel/tire combo..

Back