• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

All electric parts needed for SVT ECU upgrade?

mmc757

Veteran CEG'er
Forgive me if I should be able to find this easily, I might be using the wrong search terms.
I will be putting a full 3.0 into a 99 Cougar. I havent verified, but I'm assuming its a return fuel system.
What electric components do I need to go along with an SVT ECU? Do I need to swap any wiring at all or will the existing wiring work?
Just to clarify the key situation...can I continue to use the Cougar keys or do I need the SVT keys?
What am I forgetting to ask?
Also, any of the ECU codes from a return MTX car should work, correct?

I dont need a discussion about cams or heads or any of the other mechanical componenets, I'm just trying to understand the ECU situation.

I'm assuming your cougar is mtx. You need to make sure the ecu codes match. The keys would need to match the svt ecu since the pats is built into it. Everything else should line up just fine. You will need an adapter for your fuel rail.

For a Contour the swap is pretty straight forward, or it was for me. In my 99 I got a corresponding 99 return fuel system PCM. I got the keys with it so I could program mine. Other than that just need the 19# SVT injectors. Not sure if the Cougar wiring is any different that would lead to other work that would need to be done.

Back