• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

POWER WINDOWS MASTER SWITCH - OBSOLETE!!! What to do?!??!

tonyankyfan1

CEG'er
Hi Guys-

I have a huge issue, My 98 MERC-SytiQue Master power windows switch just crapped out on me. I looked parts up on rockauto and ordered what i thought was the correct replacement Motorcraft F5RZ-14529-B, But that switch turns out to be incorrect. (Later year models) The wire harnesses do not match. Turns out the correct part # is F8RZ-14529-CA which is OBSOLETE!!! I also cant find one used on Ebay. WTF!?!?!? .....
Is there anyway the newer switch can be jerri-rigged to work?? Has anyone been in this dilemma and made them work splicing wires via the schematic??? Any HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Anthony

there are no more left period. I sold a brand new one serevral months ago to jkyoder.

there are no more left period. I sold a brand new one serevral months ago to jkyoder.
Really? Im wondering if i can rewire the different one to my harness and maybe lose the AUTO down feature... I wonder if anyone has done that before?

Thanks Anthony

... if you have a burnt out contact, you should be able to harvest one from any door switch.

Beware when opening up those door switches, they can go BOING !! LOL... I found that out doing blue LED's

Good luck if you try ....G.

If you got schematics and there are enough wires no problem, but you need the schematic. Or meter check and make up your own pinout sheet. Wire colors mean nothing if they are not to your use.

Back