• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hi, all kicking around picking up another CSVT to take overseas with me this winter

ScottyDsntKnow

Veteran CEG'er
So I'm military and I have orders to Spain. Need to take a car with me so I am allowed to ship one back when I return. I was going to finish up my project Mustang and then take it with be but at the earliest I'd be able to start it up in a few months and if something is wrong with it I'm kinda screwed, I leave in January. Wife wants a 4 door car to take with me anyway and I'm going to buy a "nicer" newer Euro spec vehicle when I get there. So thinking of getting into a CSVT again as a daily and roll. I get to take one car with me and the military pays to ship it. I will be going to southwest Spain so weather will never be super cold, never snows so no road salt/grime to worry about anymore.

Might go look at a car an hour from me that has 195k on it but owned by a Ford mechanic its entire life. New clutch, new brakes and very little rust and short shifter. Paint is good, its a 1998 Silver MNB car.

Guy claims it has almost no issues, sunroof motor is going out but still works (easy kill) but he is saying its sometimes weird to get into gear 2nd to 3rd and that it either needs the strut tower mod or the cables could be bad. Says you can powershift it at 6k and it does not grind so sounds like that very well could be it. But would have to see it... I think the guy is a member on here, he might see this post even. I have not seen the car yet in person but the pics look pretty good. Really considering this and then selling my Honda CRV that's about to fall apart and then parting out my Mustang.

Anyway, wanted to say hi again and what you guys thought and about what everyone thinks the car is worth. Again, its a 195k mile E0 Silver/MNB that looks to be in good shape in pictures with minor issues if the trans issue turns out to be the shift tower mod or a cable adjustment.

Thanks all.

Yeah I had a 2000 CSVT as a daily for a long time. But... not sure about a 200k car with only a few months to get to know it before taking it. Looks like my Mustang will be a part out or a donor for one that currently runs. I just don't have the time to get it together and then risk something not working on it and then having to fire sale it. I already have a tenative buyer for the supercharger for $1600. Heads are worth $500, intake worth $300, throttle cable stuff $200 etc... etc... That isn't including a 34k mile roller with a good interior. Makes sense... If I could find a lower mileage CSVT I'd be all over it.

(Untitled)

Yea no kidding. Sad you have to get rid of that project. But hopefully it'll bring you to a better one later down the road. csvt seem hard to find in general let alone a low mile one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did find a 2004 Focus SVT ZX5 from a guy about an hour from me. Enthusiast, car looks new, 110k on it with all the maintenance done at 100k. Dude wants $5k for it but I never quite liked the way the fronts of the 1st gen ones looked... I dunno. Wife basically vetoed taking a 2 door sports car as our only vehicle overseas where we need gas mileage and practicality. So probably won't even get to use this as a donor which sucks, but I've got a lot of time to sell it all off at least.

Back