• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Color Combination Question

slow98SVT

CEG'er
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, my apologies if it isn't. I've been looking for a rust free body to swap all my SVT stuff over to. My car is black with a midnight blue interior. I've found a green Mystique that I'm interested in and I have been looking to see if the midnight blue interior was an option for the tropic green SVTs, I've not found one so far. Does anyone know if there were any cars with this color combination? I have a feeling it would look really weird, that sad I'd prefer not to source an entire medium prairie tan interior. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I believe someone has done an interior swap for a Tropic Green car. It wouldn't be my first choice but someone might like it.

.... Blue and green should never be seen
not without something spacing in between ..... preferably fifty miles

Tropic green and black interior every time.

Green and blue was a euro color option and it comes a disappointing second.

Ford never made Green and Black as a standard option ... your chance to have a rare combination ....G.

Like Brian stated Tropic green was only produced with prairie tan. If Ford produced Tropic green with midnight blue that would be rare exterior/interior combination but they didn't.

Thanks for the replies, I searched everywhere I could and couldn't find where it was offered, I assumed it wasn't offered. As Gorman said, green and blue aren't colors you'd usually put together on purpose, I was just hoping that the midnight blue was close enough to black to not look weird haha. The Mystique sold before I could get to it anyway, so unless I happen upon another green Contour or Mystique it's a moot point I suppose. Thanks again to everyone who replied, I appreciate the help

I was just hoping that the midnight blue was close enough to black to not look weird haha.

You could leather dye/paint your interior black... spraying gives the best finish.

Not sure if it was here or NECO ... but I know someone did change there interior color with some success.... you'll have to search the forums.

Maybe use a tired/dirty tan colored interior.... good coverage may be harder with a light colored base leather.....G.

Yeah, I've refinished seats a few times always the same color though. The thing that concerns me is the plastic more than the seats. I was an auto body painter for 11 years, and we used to touch up factory dashboards that were painted from time to time. It seemed like it was always the two tone interiors that were painted, anyway we used a vinyl paint, it was really flexible and seemed to adhere well, I think it's the same stuff as the OEM painted interior pieces with. That would be a good choice if I could get some of it, I remember it being very expensive even for automotive paint, and we used Spies Hecker products which are extremely expensive. The only thing that would really concern me is the sill plates and kick plates I feel like the paint/dye might not hold up to that kind of abuse.

.... well if kick plates and sills are the only parts to find, you're not doing too bad.

I'm sure there are lots of guys interested in your skill set.

If you start a thread, i'm sure it will be watched with great interest .... you may even get guys asking you to re-finish parts .... G

I will definitely do a build thread whenever I start, I'm in the middle of stripping down my motorcycle for the winter so I'll probably wait till spring before I start tearing anything else apart. I did get the car up on jack stands last night to assess the amount of rust under the car. It isn't nearly as bad as I thought, the unibody rails are solid the passenger side rail does has a small rust hole, but I attacked it with a body hammer and the metal around it is good, so it should be fairly easy to repair that. The drivers side floor board is annihilated though, he carpet is visible from under the car. There are some rusted spots in the rear drivers floorboard area as well, but I'm thinking I can salvage my car and not mess with swapping everything to another car now, which makes me happy that I may be able to keep the correct VIN

Back