• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help with 2.0 intake resonator ?

Anyone have access to a legit ford parts catalog?

I acquired the resonator, intake tube, & airbox from a 1996 2.0 tour. I tried to bolt it up in my 99 2.0 tour. Airbox fit fine & tube looked to fit fine but the resonator that sits over the throttle body doesn’t fit. Can anyone help me with the right part numbers for the different years? I searched online and came across a website called bluespringsfordparts.com but that website shows the same part numbers between the separate years?
F8RZ-9F763-AA ?

there are very minor differences between the years for the 2.0 zetec. you may have to go find another setup from a 98-00 car. Just my 2cents.

The design of the engine bay is slightly different in the 95-97 models, although the engines are very similar/same. The difference is in 98, there was a upgrade to the emission system and it reflects to the different parts, mostly due to emissions, but also due to the different engine bay design due to minor body changes.

The design of the engine bay is slightly different in the 95-97 models, although the engines are very similar/same. The difference is in 98, there was a upgrade to the emission system and it reflects to the different parts, mostly due to emissions, but also due to the different engine bay design due to minor body changes.

looks like I need to keep my eyes out for a (late 98?) 98-00 tour!!

Back